Monday, April 20, 2009

Dinner With Adults

I know I've mentioned in the past that date nights out of the house are a rare treat for Eric and I. Rarer than that is a night out without the kids and some other adults. It just doesn't happen. In fact, the last time we remember actually going out to dinner with another couple was way back when I was pregnant with Alex. Needless to say, we've been really looking forward to dinner out with friends - adults only!

I am so grateful to say that we tackled that this weekend, finally.

We had a fantastic time filled with good food and great conversation. In fact, the conversation was so great that three hours flew by before we knew it. We touched on a bit of everything, but thankfully work and kids took up very little of the conversation time.

On the drive home, Eric and I laughed about the fact that we felt like grown ups. We've decided that this needs to become a regular part of our lives. Eating with adults, talking like grown-ups - who knew it was so much fun?

As always, I am so grateful that my brother-in-law willingly watches our kids for us whenever we ask him too. The kids don't get upset when we leave anymore. In fact, they almost push us out of the door so that they can have fun with their uncle. And they really do have fun! It's such a joy to watch this relationship build between my brother-in-law and my kids.

Basically, I guess it's a win-win situation.

This post is being linked to:

10 comments:

Sue 9:49 PM  

So nice to read you got out with the grown-ups ;-) Not having kids I can't even imagine what a huge deal that must be for you. Hope it happens again soon ;-)

Niki Jolene 11:32 PM  

Isn't it the best? We've started having game nights at our house so we can enjoy them more often, right in our own home.

:)

Omah's Helping Hands 12:45 AM  

So very true. We do need our adult time, and the kids need their time with others as well. Glad to hear you had a great time and made it out on an adult only time!

Susie 9:28 AM  

What a great grownup tackle!

MrsZeee 11:19 AM  

Adult time is so important -- I am learning! Sooo looking forward to a wedding I have this weekend just to dress up in heels and a nice dress.
Great tackle!!

Anonymous,  12:13 PM  

We have been making a point of having one date night a month...our next one is scheduled for this weekend (just in the nick of time for April). I love date nights!

JJ 12:45 PM  

We could learn from you. lol

http://lovingheartdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/04/gratituesday-what-are-you-thankful-for.html

na 1:45 PM  

That is a tackle that we need to try too! Glad you had fun!

Christina 2:10 PM  

As lovely as having children is, adult time is wonderful, isn't it? We're blessed to have friends in town who help make it possible for us.

Jennifer 3:29 PM  

Glad you had fun, we don't get out often enough either.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP