Thursday, March 05, 2009

Say It Forward - Week 3

This week I'd like to spotlight Jennifer from Getting Ahead. Jennifer has been a loyal commenter for quite awhile. I first remember getting comments from her last May, during the 3 Moms, 3 Kitchens, 31 Days Series. We have been blogging buddies since then.

Jennifer is a homeschooling mom of 4. Her family lives a frugal lifestyle. One of the reasons I enjoy her blog so much is because our lifestyles and views are very similar.

On her blog, Getting Ahead, Jennifer shares many great tips and lots of encouragement for practicing frugality. She also posts weekly menu plans and each Friday she hosts Weekly Wrap Up. In between all the practical advice, Jennifer also shares little snippets of her life as a wife and mom that are so easy to relate to.

Here are a few of Jennifer's recent posts that I've really enjoyed:

In addition to her blog, Jennifer also writes Hub Pages. With almost 300 published Hubs, you are sure to find some wonderful content by Jennifer there. (In fact, reading one of her articles there was the first time I read the term "Staycation."

If you've never been to Jennifer's blog, I highly recommend you check it out!

And then stop by 5 Minutes For Mom for more Say It Forward.

1 comments:

Jennifer 1:19 PM  

Kate, you are so nice, thanks for thinking of me! I love reading your blog and it is one of the first I check each day. I have learned so much about once a month cooking from you.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP