Thursday, March 05, 2009

iPhone App - Wheels On The Bus - Review

A few months ago, Eric bought an iPhone for me as a late birthday present. I've really enjoyed it but I haven't taken much time to explore its potential. When Family Review Network presented me with the opportunity to review a new app that was designed just for preschoolers, I was thrilled!

The new app was created by Duck Duck Moose. Here is their description of Wheels On The Bus.

Wheels on the Bus is a fun, interactive musical book, based on the popular children’s song. Sing and read with your child, listen to the song in five languages, learn to recognize different instruments, and record your child’s singing. Come aboard the bus to spin the wheels, open and close the doors, swish the wipers, pop some bubbles, make a dog bark, and much more!
This app is very well-done. I love how interactive it is and all the options available, including different languages, instrumental, and even having the children record their own voices. The graphics are bright and engaging and the words of the song are perfectly clear.The kids love that there are so many different things they can do on each screen. It makes them feel in control of the fun, which is fantastic. As they played with it, the phrase I heard over and over again was "look what I made it do!"

I think this will be a wonderful tool for keeping the kids occupied when you we get stuck somewhere unexpectedly, like a long wait at the doctor's office. And I'll never have to remember to grab it when we head out because I always have my phone with me.

You can read more about the Wheels on the Bus app here, or buy it at the iTunes store. It is currently on sale for just $0.99!

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP