Sunday, March 22, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 3/23

I have another busy week coming up this week. I have a feeling things will be pretty busy around here the next few weeks with the Virtual Great American Bake Sale planning and preparing. Fortunately, I have quite a few meals in the freezer that we can eat.

A few weekends ago we were supposed to spend the night at my in-laws lake house to celebrate my father-in-laws birthday, and Gracie's 2nd birthday. That had to get pushed back though, so we'll be doing that this coming weekend instead.

Breakfast

Lunch

  • M - Tuna pasta salad, peaches
  • T - Pizza bagels (from the freezer), carrot and celery sticks
  • W - Leftovers
  • Th - Quesadillas, apple slices
  • F - Chicken salad in pitas, pineapple & oranges
  • S - Lunch w/in-laws
  • Su - TBD (depending on when we leave)

Dinner

  • M - Beef and rice wet burritos (from the freezer), Mexican corn casserole
  • T - Something using chicken & gravy from the freezer (maybe over biscuits)
  • W - Stuffed Shells (from the freezer), Tomato-basil bread
  • Th - Meatloaf cups (from the freezer), mashed potatoes, maple-glazed carrots
  • F - Chicken Parm fingers over garlic spaghetti, broccoli
  • S - At the in-laws (I will be taking 2 cakes - one white, one chocolate)
  • Su - Black bean & corn nachos

Have you submitted a recipe for the Virtual Great American Bake Sale yet? All of the proceeds go to Share Our Strength to insure that no child goes hungry. Please check it out, help spread the word, and submit a recipe.


For dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens more menu plans, make sure you visit Organizing Junkie.

4 comments:

Christina 11:59 PM  

Reading your menus gets the creative wheels turning in my brain as to what I can make ahead and freeze. Today was a super-day with a triple batch of banana bread, two dozen muffins, and a triple batch of meat balls. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown 9:32 AM  

What a great cause. I'll have to stop by and check it out.
These high winds are really kicking those of us wih allergies. Ugh!
Well, while I'm waiting for the coffee to brew I thought I would stop by MPM blogs and see what's being served.
Your menu sounds delicious.

Courtney 8:03 PM  

yummy. thank you so much for sharing. I really like your blog, so I am now a follower!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP