Friday, February 27, 2009

To Write...


Obviously, I was re-bitten by the writing bug when I attended Blissdom. I've written quite a few posts on it since then, here and at Happy To Be At Home. For as long as I can remember, writing has been a passion of mine.

If you've ever felt the same way, I am so thrilled to tell you about a fantastic new writing blog/service called, "My Book Therapy."

My Book Therapy was created to help "Discover the writer in you." The site offers services and writing therapists. The therapists are: Susan May Warren, Rachel Hauck and Sarah Sumpolec. Out of all the books I've read over the past years, those written by Susan May Warren and Rachel Hauck have been my favorites.

Some of the services provided by the therapists include:

  • Proposal critique and evaluation
  • Chapter by chapter mentoring
  • Tools to help your craft
  • Story structure analysis
You can read more about the services here.

Personally, I am excited for the opportunity to read what these women have to say about writing and to look into the services they offer. (I will be sharing some of their articles on writing over the next few days.)

I think one of the neatest elements of My Book Therapy is the Blog-A-Book program.
Remember those games you used to play where your friend started the story, and you finished it? Or the “Choose your own ending” books? Ever wanted to be a part of the story process, giving input on the character’s decisions, learning how to write a book as you go? Me too!

Here at My Book Therapy, we love to write, and we love to teach writers how to find their voice. So, in 2009 we’ll be writing a book together! Starting in January, we’ll create characters, a plot, develop conflict, the black moment, the epiphany and finally…the happy ending. Then, week by week, you’ll be a part of the creation process, voting on the next step of our hero’s journey, watching the book take life, and learning the nuances of crafting a story. You’ll Blog-A-Book with the My Book Therapy authors and get tools to help you how to write your own novel.

And, at the end of the year, we’ll have a book we’ve all created, something that we’ll publish! And, best of all, the proceeds will go to support IJM, an organization that fights human trafficking around the world.

I’m really excited about our new project, and can’t wait to see what the collective mind put together.

So, Come and Blog-A-Book. Learn. Fellowship. Bless.
That definitely sounds like something I'd love to be a part of. How about you?

Tomorrow I'll fill you in on all the exciting new details of a writing book written by Susan May Warren called From the Inside…Out: Discover, Create and Publish the Novel in You.

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP