Thursday, February 26, 2009

Say It Forward - Week 2

This week, I'd like to thank one of my very first commenters - Niki from Free 2 Be Frugal. In addition to being an early commenter, Niki was the first person ever to link to my blog in a post. I still remember how excited I got when I saw that link!

Niki has remained a loyal reader and commenter. I am thrilled to work with her on a regular basis now over at Happy To Be At Home, where she provides our weekly Freebie Round-Up.

Niki's blog, Free 2 Be Frugal, is a wonderful destination for anyone looking for freebies, coupons and other frugal tips. In addition to those things, Niki also posts weekly menu plans and great Works For Me Wednesday tips. I've also loved reading along when she and her family have undergone No-Spend challenges.

Niki is a wife and stay-at-home mom of a little boy. After she resigned from her job as an elementary school teacher to stay at home full time with her son, her frugal journey began.

A whirlwind of change was upon us as we morphed from spendthrift couple to frugal family.

I instantly began tapping into the tricks of the trade for thrifty living, drawing inspiration from my own mother, the original queen of frugal! Coupon clipping, store circular studying, clearance cruising, and freebie finding became a way of life. I was signing up for so many freebies and rebates that I was losing track of them. Born from this disorganization was my blog, initially a log of sorts for myself. After time I came to rediscover a love of writing I had long forgotten and found opportunities to try and share great new products with other moms like myself.

My hope is to help other people find ways to make it on one income. To survive losing a job. Or a house. Or the economy in general. It can be done!

~From Niki's Welcome page on Free 2 Be Frugal
Thank you Niki for all of your wonderful and encouraging comments. And thank you for all of the hard work and wonderful service you provide with your blog!

Stop by 5MFM for more Say It Forward.

2 comments:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam 6:54 AM  

Wasn't that very first comment/link thrilling. The best of what blogging is all about. :)

Goat Gal 2:39 PM  

I am anxious to find some time to check out this blog.
I also wanted to let you know that I love your blog and I have some awards for you over at my blog so stop by and pick them up!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP