Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Fun Valentine's Recipe To Make & Enjoy With The Kids

Is there anything better than traditional snack mix? Absolutely there is - when that snack mix in question is full of Valentine's treats and colors. This is an easily adaptable recipe that is perfect for kids to make on their own. It would make a great party favor too. This recipe makes a lot, so be prepared to share, or just cut in half and enjoy!

Valentine's Day Snack Mix

  • 1 large bag Valentine-themed M&Ms
  • 1 c. Conversation hearts
  • 1 c. Valentine's colored jelly beans
  • 2 c. peanuts
  • 2 c. yogurt-covered raisins
  • 2 c. dried cranberries
  • 2 c. small pretzel twists
  • 2 c. additional assorted nuts
1. Dump all of the ingredients together into an extra-large bowl and toss with hands to combine. Serve and enjoy!

Stop in at Life As Mom for more Valentine's Day-themed recipes and link up your own. Then, don't forget to visit all the other stops for this Valentine's Exchange of Ideas and Inspiration. Here's the lineup:
Be sure to visit us each day, as there is a very nice prize involved that you won’t want to miss! Be sure to share your ideas, too! We could all use a little Valentine inspiration.

6 comments:

Vi (pronounced Vy) 10:43 PM  

i am a horrible cook, so this simple, fun recipe sounds perfect for me to make!!

hugs,
she
pookielocks at ymail dot com

FishMama 12:35 AM  

This sounds really fun, even though I'm not a big conversation heart kind of gal. (Like to look at them, don't like to eat them.)

JessieLeigh 10:27 AM  

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! I love making up snack mixes for the kids. And I will happily eat ALL of FishMama's conversation hearts. ;)

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 12:06 PM  

I don't eat the conversation regular hearts, but Sweet Tarts makes some. :D What a cute snack mix!

Raise Them Up 5:53 PM  

This looks like a great mix! Thanks for sharing it!

Jess @ Just a Blink 12:16 AM  

Sounds like the recipe would look really pretty and taste good too!

What a lovely mix that could be transformed every season.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP