Monday, February 02, 2009

Blissdom Countdown - 2 Days To Go

I promise, this will be my last post about Blissdom until I am actually at Blissdom. Maybe.
There were so many things I needed to tackle over the weekend, and still need to tackle over the next 2 days. It's getting a little out of hand. Fortunately, I have my trusty to-do list to keep me on track. I actually made two to-do lists over the weekend. The first one was just a mini list for Saturday. One of the items on that list was to write my master to-do list. I like lists, what can I say?

So, here you see a pile of clothing options. Unfortunately, just because I pulled out a bunch of clothes doesn't mean I've decided what I'm wearing yet. Some of those items might make the final cut, but there's a good possibility I'll change my mind at the last minute while I'm re-trying things on and packing. I really need to make at least a few final decisions tomorrow so that I can start ironing and packing.
While I haven't yet tackled choosing and packing my clothes, there are still quite a few things that I did get accomplished.

  • All of my travel-sized toiletry items are ready to get packed.
  • I made my every-5-year purchase of a new tube of lipstick.
  • The freezer is filled with all kinds of meals and goodies for everyone while I am gone.
  • I'm all set to pack up of my techie stuff, and cords, etc. are already packed.
  • I've come to terms with the size of my feet. This was not an easy task.
See these pretty new boots? I first wore these when Eric and I went out for his birthday last weekend. We both oohed and aahed over how nice my feet looked in the boots. Then, I lifted the cuff of my pants and turned my foot sideways.This is what we saw. Boats, I tell you!

Back in my pre-children days, I wore a perfectly respectable size 8 1/2. And now?
Yep, that's a 10. I can squeeze into a 9 1/2 on occasion though.

But you know what? Having big feet is a pretty easy price to pay for having 4 beautiful children.

Stop by 5 Minutes For Mom for more tackles. Also, visit Lara's blog for more Talk About Tuesday.

12 comments:

Anonymous,  11:31 PM  

Oh my gosh! I used to wear the same size as you and I had beautiful red boots and tons of shoes. Then I had 3 children and now I wear 9 1/2. ARRRGGGHHH!
-Kim

Andrea 8:12 AM  

Tha's weird...My feet seem to have gotten smaller since I had kids. Maybe I was just wearing the wrong size when I was younger.

Have fun at BlissDom! I wish I were going! Will you be at BlogHer??

For my tackle, I tested out the Calphalon No Peek Waffle maker. It's stellar!! http://chocolatefingerprints.net/2009/02/03/tackle-it-tuesday-calphalon-no-peek-waffle-maker/

Anonymous,  8:50 AM  

I like that you put writing a list on your list. LOL (and cute boots!)

Susie 8:52 AM  

Great tackle! Have an awesome trip:-)

Meredith 10:07 AM  

Same here!

Look forward to meeting you at Blissdom! I may be there in my pajamas if I can't get the laundry going and figure out something to wear.

Anonymous,  11:56 AM  

What?! Bigger feet are another side effect of having kids? (That's one I've never heard of.) Yikes, that's scary, because I have size 10 feet now. What am I gonna do when I have kids?! That is SERIOUSLY a freaky thought because I hate my feet size as is...

Anonymous,  12:37 PM  

Great tackle. Love the boots. Have a safe trip.

Upstatemamma 2:01 PM  

You are very funny! Cool boots and have fun at blissdom - I wish I were going.

Kari @ A Giveaway Addicted Mommy 5:24 PM  

I guess I should be thankful - I didn't get bigger feet... just a bigger butt. Wish I could be as positive as you are about your feet when it comes to my butt! That is one "badge of motherhood" that I would gladly not wear.

Anonymous,  5:25 PM  

Why does pregnancy make your feet grow. Don't they know I had so many cute expensive size 7 1/2 that I can't even think about wearing now, ugh

Eli's Lids 5:44 PM  

Ha!!! I have always been a 10 and I thought that by the time I was done having kiddos I would be a size 14!! By God's grace I am still a 10.

JessieLeigh 3:28 PM  

Those are great boots! Nothing wrong with a size 10. :)

This is the first pregnancy where my size 7's are starting to feel snug. Not sure where my feet will end up, but it is what it is!

Have a safe trip.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP