Friday, January 02, 2009

National Bankruptcy Day

Lisa has written an excellent piece on my other blog Happy to be at Home. If you haven’t heard about a new law that has been passed that will affect everyone who sells children’s toys you must read this post.

As if the horrible economy wasn’t enough, if you sell products targeted for children ages 12 and under, be prepared to THROW AWAY these items, as you will no longer be able to sell them unless you comply to this law.

You read that correctly. Thrown. Away.

I don’t know about you, but I feel ill just typing it, let alone imagining it.

Oh, and if you plan to sell and make a little money from your children’s old items, be forewarned, local yard sale groups and places like Ebay and Craigslist will no longer allow sale of those items, either.

No joke.

Let me back up a bit, as I’m pretty sure this might be the first time you are hearing this.

You can read the rest of the post here.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  10:05 AM  

Hope you don't mind... I copied this and posted it at my blog.

Anonymous,  10:20 AM  

Please be SURE to post an update on this post! Secondhand stores will NOT be affected:

http://www.wyff4.com/money/18453746/detail.html

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP