Sunday, January 04, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 1/5

This should prove to be an interesting week in my kitchen. With my new eating habits to lose 20 pounds and the monthly grocery trip on Tuesday, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. Not to mention that we are starting school again this week after a 5 week hiatus!



I am so glad I'm used to menu planning though. I know it will really come in handy this week. Between watching what I'm eating and beginning to stock the freezer, I have a feeling my menu plan is going to be a lifesaver.



My plan for myself is to only occasionally make something different than what everyone else eats. And even then, I'll only be doing that for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is especially important so that I make sure I'm actually eating breakfast! For dinner I just plan to eat what everyone else eats but eat a smaller portion than usual.

Breakfast

  • M - Oatmeal w/ bananas
  • T - French toast (K-sprouted bagel w/ peanut butter)
  • W - Banana muffins and smoothies (K-cereal and smoothie)
  • Th - Cheesy scrambled eggs and toast
  • F - Pancakes (K-cereal & hard-boiled egg) (Make triple batch for freezer)
  • S - Bacon waffles (K-1waffle & banana) (Double waffles for freezer)
  • Su - PB & honey toast, smoothies

Lunch

  • M - Chicken noodle soup & apples
  • T - Turkey sandwiches & orange wedges
  • W - Hummus & pitas, cucumber salad
  • Th - Easy mac & cheese (K-hummus & pita), pears
  • F - Quesadillas (triple batch for freezer), yogurt, grapes
  • S - Tuna pasta salad (K-tuna w/rice crackers), carrot & celery sticks
  • Su - T.B.D.

Dinner

  • M - Chicken & bean wet burritos, skillet corn
  • T - Ravioli w/ spinach and marinara sauce (This is my go-to dinner for monthly shopping day.)
  • W - Braised sausages, horseradish smashed potatoes, carrots w/dill
  • Th - Impossible cheeseburger pie, green beans (Make burgers, meatballs, meatloaf cups and brown rest of meat for freezer.)
  • F - Vegetarian lasagna (Make 1 for freezer and make extra sauce for freezer.)
  • S - Cheesy shrimp fondue w/ sourdough bread cubes and veggies for dipping (Make 3 chicken dishes and pizza pockets for freezer)
  • Su - Pork chops Milanese, twice-baked potatoes (double for freezer), asparagus

8 comments:

Sonshine 10:38 PM  

We are starting back up on the school schedule tomorrow too after a 5 week hiatus! It should make things very interesting around here because I have already heard the grumblings! LOL

Your menu sounds delish! :)

Anonymous,  11:27 PM  

Fabulous menu! Have a lovely week!

Allie
Learningtobefrugal.com

Michele @ Frugal Granola 11:57 PM  

What a fun menu, Kate! It sounds delicious, and looks like you're off to a great start!

Best wishes on getting back into the school routine. :)

Blessings,
Michele

P.S. My sister-in-law has been dieting, and is having great results with using coconut oil. Apparently it helps reset your metabolism! :)

Jendeis 10:59 AM  

Just wanted to wish you luck on your weight loss journey!

It definitely makes sense not to make too many separate meals. After all, your family needs to be eating healthfully too. :)

Amanda 1:18 PM  

Thanks for listing your breakfast plans. I am weaning my family off of cold cereal so I'm always glad for lots of healthful, inexpensive breakfast ideas.

Christina 6:45 PM  

Looks good as always!

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva 10:08 PM  

I am loving your menu plan this week. Seriously. My goal this year is to loose 15 pounds, so I am having to cook two separate dinners a few days out of the week to mesh with my weight loss goals. I have bookmarked the veggie lasagna and the weight burritos recipe, among a few other ones. Thank you for the links. I am wishing you all the luck for your weight loss goals.

Brook 8:30 PM  

That's funny that ravioli with spinach and marinara sauce is your go-to meal for shopping day. It's our menu when my six year old "really" wants to cook and he can do most of it himself.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP