Thursday, January 29, 2009

Journal Buddies Review

Isabelle has always loved the idea of keeping a journal or diary. She starts on one and writes for hours. Then the next day rolls around and she comes to me asking what she should write about.

So when Family Review Network presented me with the opportunity to review Journal Buddies, I was thrilled. I thought this just might be a perfect solution. As soon as we received the journal and Isabelle and I began flipping through, I knew my assumption was correct.

The first 31 pages of Journal Buddies are dedicated to journaling information, including a fantastic list of 89 creative journaling ideas. The author, Jill Schoenberg, has used these pages to create a fantastic journaling resource and a to instill confidence and creativity in the journal writer.

There is an unique aspect with Journal Buddies in that it is meant to be shared. Each journal entry begins with a page for the journal writer and that day's chosen buddy (parent, sibling, real-or-imaginary friend, etc.) to list three qualities, traits or talents that they enjoy in each other. I can see this proving to be a wonderful bonding experience.

After that section, each entry comes with a focus word to help the journal writer answer that "what should I write about" question. There is plenty of space provided in each entry for journaling and doodling.


Simple but powerful, Journal Buddies is no ordinary journal. It's an invitation to expand your creativity and express your feelings. Most of all, it's an invitation to strenthen your self-esteem, build healty relationships and create a positive outlook on life.
Visit the Journal Buddies website to learn more about this fabulous book, view the boy's edition, and order a personally signed copy.

1 comments:

Melissa 10:33 AM  

I'm going to have to check this out for my girls. They love Journal writing. Thanks for posting this!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP