Wednesday, January 14, 2009

13 Little Reminders To Myself


  1. There is no work more important than stopping to give one of my children a hug when they ask for one.
  2. When my neighbor brings over a freshly made loaf of bread, it is a good idea to remember that I'm trying to lose 20 pounds. Slowly savoring one thin slice is much more rewarding treat than eating half the loaf, by myself, in 5 minutes.
  3. Christmas was 3 weeks ago. There are thank you cards that must, without excuse, be written and mailed out immediately!
  4. Putting 8 meals in the freezer is a legitimate excuse for falling behind in the laundry.
  5. The bathroom floor does not clean itself - ever!
  6. My children will remember my example far longer then they will remember the words I speak.
  7. The best way to keep all of the wonderful relationships I've built in the blogging community is to actually comment on blogs, at least once in a while. (Sorry!)
  8. Playing with balloons is a fun part of childhood. I need to let my kids be kids when they are given balloons by the nice lady at the grocery store instead of letting my over-the-top fear of popping balloons get in the way.
  9. Coffee is good, but water is better!
  10. It doesn't hurt to say yes once in a while.
  11. I bought 2 calendars just after Christmas to organize my blogging time. They are still blank, and blank pages really don't help organize anything.
  12. Blogging is good, but sleep is better! (That's almost as hard as, if not harder then, remembering #9.)
  13. Eric does not know what I am thinking unless I tell him. Just because he is my husband doesn't mean he can read my mind.
In case you haven't heard, the old Thursday Thirteen hub is no longer up and running. So, Joy, Toni and I decided to start a new version over at Happy To Be At Home. We are calling it "3 Moms Thursday {Thirteen}." I always enjoyed participating in Thursday 13, so I'm really excited about this. I hope you'll come join us each week.

8 comments:

Anonymous,  12:20 AM  

Awesome, Kate! I think I needed a few of those reminders too.

But not the coffee one. I hate coffee. :)

Jennifer 12:55 AM  

I have a fear of balloons too! When my daughter recieves one in the grocery store I freak because I am afraid that she is going to pop it and swallow it. I try to distract her and sneak it away when she isn't looking. :)

creative gal 2:17 AM  

Great reminders!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 8:33 AM  

I have 1 cup in the morning with light creamer and stevia so it isn't a big calorie issue. :D I do make myself drink 2 cups of water before it though.

Kristi 8:56 AM  

I haven't done my thank you cards yet and I need to get it done. Of course, I haven't sent out my Christmas cards yet either. they're still sitting addressed on the kitchen counter.

Tammie 9:53 AM  

thank you cards have been on the top of my list for. . .well, ever since Christmas.

Erin 9:58 AM  

What wonderful reminders. I needed to hear a few of those things myself. Thanks!

Mikki 11:44 AM  

What a great post. It inspires me to sit down and make a list of things that I need to get done.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP