Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Reflections By Tree-Light

Every year I love to spend some time curled up on the couch by the light of the Christmas tree. To me, there is nothing more peaceful than a quiet house, the smell of pine, and twinkling lights.

This setting always provides ample opportunity for reflecting on the past year and looking ahead to the new one. It's also a setting ripe for prayer or conversation, or both. This is the stuff that memories are made of.

However, I haven't taken many opportunities to just sit by the tree this year. I am running out of time. I know Eric and I will spend some time there on Christmas Eve relaxing together after the kids have gone to bed. But I need to find some quiet reflection time there by myself also.

So tonight, carving out time by myself in front of the Christmas tree is really working for me. I will push aside the to-do list to focus on the real reason for the season. I will remember the birth of our Savior on that long ago night. I will sing "Oh Holy Night" and "Away In A Manager" to myself. And I will thank the Lord for giving me more than I could have ever imagined.

I will be spending the next few days delighting in my husband and children and all things Christmas. I hope you will be doing the same! I'll see you back here on Friday, or maybe even a few days after that.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Niki Jolene 9:33 AM  

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

:)

Elizabeth 12:51 PM  

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Jennifer 9:02 PM  

Merry Christmas! I hope y'all had a wonderful holiday.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP