Sunday, December 21, 2008

Important Life Lessons I've Learned From Holiday Movies

I'm sure we could all use a little levity as we buckle-down for the final preparations leading up to Christmas. Well, at least I know I could use some. So, I decided to think of some of the life-changing lessons I've learned through the years from watching Christmas movies.

  1. Linus is always right!
  2. When complimented on your clothing, saying "What? This old thing? Why I only wear it when I don't care how I look" while turning and flipping your hair will make men swoon.
  3. Aftershave hurts.
  4. Improperly canned peaches will explode.
  5. Wanting to be a dentist is a laughable choice.
  6. It's okay to make fun of your friends as long as you make fun of yourself first.
  7. Your tongue really will stick to a flag pole on a cold day.
  8. A nice watch can get you a room at a motel.
  9. Being sisters is a difficult thing.
  10. Spaghetti tastes good with maple syrup.
  11. Strangers in your house in the middle of the night is not always a bad thing. They might just teach you something about yourself.
  12. It is possible to lock yourself in your attic.
  13. Magicians are mean.
  14. Little girls with big hearts are powerful
Do you recognize any of the movies from these lessons? I'd love to hear which ones you know! I'd also love to hear what important life lessons you've learned from the wide selection of Christmas movies out there.

7 comments:

Elizabeth 11:14 PM  

Aw, a walk down memory lane! I can guess most of these :) I'm a Christmas movie addict but I haven't seen very many this year yet! My kids just don't care about Frosty, Rudolph, or the Fred Astaire mailman much yet :(

Lora @ my blessed life 11:43 PM  

Well, let's see...

1.Linus is always right! A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS
2. When complimented on your clothing, saying "What? This old thing? Why I only wear it when I don't care how I look" while turning and flipping your hair will make men swoon. IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE
3. Aftershave hurts. HOME ALONE
4. Improperly canned peaches will explode. HOLIDAY INN
5. Wanting to be a dentist is a laughable choice. RUDOLF THE RED NOSED REINDEER
6. It's okay to make fun of your friends as long as you make fun of yourself first.????
7. Your tongue really will stick to a flag pole on a cold day. A CHRISTMAS STORY
8. A nice watch can get you a room at a motel. ????
9. Being sisters is a difficult thing. WHITE CHRISTMAS
10. Spaghetti tastes good with maple syrup. ????
11. Strangers in your house in the middle of the night is not always a bad thing. They might just teach you something about yourself. A CHRISTMAS CAROL
12. It is possible to lock yourself in your attic. ????
13. Magicians are mean. FROSTY THE SNOWMAN
13. Little girls with big hearts are powerful.????

I asked for a little help on #'s 6, 8, 10, 12 & 13 but no luck! Oh well, I was 8/13:) You'll have to post the correct answers so I can kick myself for not remembering-ha!

Omah's Helping Hands 12:36 AM  

I wish I didn't have such a bad memory. The only ones I can come up with are:
1. A Charlie Brown Christmas
3. Home Alone
7. A Christmas Story
14. Is it Miracle on 34th Street?
then when reading Lora's answers it became a duh moment for some, except I've never seen Holiday Inn. Can't wait to see the answers. I know I'm going to be kicking myself too. ;) Good one!

Anonymous,  7:51 AM  

10. ELF
12. Christmas Vacation

:) LOVE Christmas movies!

Amanda 9:28 AM  

maple syrup and spaghetti is Eli with Will Ferrell!

Mimi 6:42 PM  

Lora's list is pretty dead on, I think -- The watch if from Planes, Trains, and Automobiles? Right?

Fun idea!

Here's one: If you drink too many spirits, you'll be haunted by them.

Nancy 8:09 PM  

I knew several of them but after reading the other comments I think they've all been answered.

My absolute favorite Christmas movie is Love Actually which I have not watched yet this year but I've been checking the t.v. guide daily in hopes that I don't miss it.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP