Sunday, November 02, 2008

Menu Plan Monday Week Of 11/3

This week I will be doing some freezer cooking but I don’t have as much planned as usually do during the first week of the month. We started our monthly shopping this weekend but will not be finished until our second trip on Wednesday. I decided to take advantage at some sales at Meijer’s this week instead of just our regular Kroger’s. That is why there will be two trips this week. It’s unusual for us and I’m not sure how it will work, but it’s going to be interesting.

Breakfast

Lunch

  • M - Tossed salad with chickpeas, hard-boiled eggs, sunflower seeds & cheese
  • T - Polish sausage & cabbage soup (from freezer), biscuits (x3 for freezer)
  • W - Grilled cheese & applesauce
  • Th - Baked potato soup, breadsticks
  • F - Leftovers
  • S - Quesadillas, pears
  • Su - Sausage, egg & cheese biscuits, hash browns (x3 for freezer), cinnamon apples

Dinner

  • M - Salisbury steak, creamed spinach, garlic roasted potatoes
  • T - Chicken & dumplings, peas (chicken & gravy x2 for freezer)
  • W - Ranch ham, veggie & potato casserole, batter rolls
  • Th - BBQ beef & beans w/ cornbread, skillet corn
  • F - Chicken curry crepes, carrot & raisin salad
  • S - Pizza fondue
  • Su - Taco soup, tortilla chips
If you split your shopping up between stores, I could really use some tips on how you keep the different sales and things organized. I feel like I'm starting all over by attempting to shop at more than one store. I have a great system for staying at or under budget just shopping at one store, but this experiment makes me feel like a frugal-shopping newbie.

And for more Menu Plan Monday, head over to Laura's blog.

4 comments:

Sonshine 10:26 PM  

yummy week!

as for keeping things straight between two stores...I take a steno pad and basically write one store's list on one sheet and the other store's list on another sheet and then take a paper clip and clip each envelope of coupons to each list.

Krista 10:21 AM  

I do basically the same as pp: jot down my list on whatever scrap of paper I happened to have handy. I keep separate envelopes in my purse for each store I frequent, that way if I have specific coupons (like "kroger only") I'm not missing them if I happen to need to stop there. then I just put the list & coupons in the envelope.

Anonymous,  1:32 PM  

Mine is mostly the same as the pp's. I have my main list with everything on it. Then I have a list that has a couple of different stores on it and what they have and sale. On my main list I will put the initial of the store that may have that item on sale that way it is also on my main list. I also make sure write down any prices from stores, that are not my main store, that I think may be cheaper than the price at my main store. I hope all of that makes sense!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 2:21 PM  

Yum, chicken and dumplings!! :D Great looking menu!!!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP