Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Recipe: Chicken Curry Crepes

Unfortunately, a picture just does not do justice to this awesome meal! But take my word for it, if you like curry, this is a great way to use it!

Chicken Curry Crepes
For crepes:
3 eggs
3/4 c. milk
5 t. melted butter
3/4 flour
1/2 t. salt

Whisk together all of the ingredients. Melt a bit of butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat (or spray with a no-stick cooking spray). Add just under 1/4 c. batter to the skillet. Lift and tilt the skillet so that the entire bottom of the skillet is covered with batter. Cook until the top begins to look dry, about 30-45 seconds. Flip and cook another 30-45 seconds. Makes about 12 crepes.

For Chicken Curry:
5 T. butter
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 c. flour
2 c. chicken stock
1/3 c. milk or heavy cream
1 T. curry powder, more or less to taste
1/2 t. cayenne pepper
1/2 t. ginger powder (or 2 t. freshly grated ginger)
1/2 c. frozen peas
1 c. frozen chopped broccoli
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, fully cooked and diced

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and green pepper, season with salt and pepper. Cook until onion is translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken stock and milk/cream. Bring to a boil and cook about 3-5 minutes, until thickened. Stir in curry, cayenne pepper and ginger. Scoop out 1 c. of the sauce and reserve. Add peas, broccoli and cooked chicken. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Let mixture cool on the stovetop about 15 minutes so that you can assemble the crepes without burning your hands.

To assemble the crepes:
Place a crepe on a plate, add roughly a 1/4 c. chicken curry mixture to the center of the crepe and roll up. Place seam side down in a casserole dish. Repeat with remaining crepes. Pour reserved sauce over the crepes (I had some extra filling leftover, so I also added the to the top of the crepes.) Just before eating, bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

3 comments:

Michele @ Frugal Granola 11:37 PM  

Oh, Yum- these sound great! We love curry at our house.

Did Alex have a fun birthday?

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :)
Blessings,
Michele
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  5:19 AM  

Thanks for the curry recipe. I think I might try it in the latter part of the month!

Brady, Theresa, & Lily 8:54 AM  

Hello:) I googled curry crepes and ur blog came up!! Thanks for the recipe....I'll try it tonight!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP