Monday, November 10, 2008

Chocolate Chip Pots De Creme

Here is a recipe that is so easy and so delicious. It tastes way too indulgent to be so easy. And it is rich enough that just a little serving goes a long way. Everyone in our family just loves it. (However, a photo doesn't do it justice at all.)

Chocolate Chip Pots De Creme

  • 1 egg
  • 2 T. sugar
  • dash of salt
  • 3/4 c. whole milk or half-and-half
  • 1 c. chocolate chips
  • 1 t. vanilla
1. Stir together the egg, sugar and salt in a small saucepan. Whisk in the milk and cook over medium heat until slightly thickened, enough so that the mixture coats the back of a metal spoon.
2. Remove from heat and whisk in the chocolate chips and vanilla. Pour into a serving dish or individual-sized serving dishes and refrigerate at least 6 hours.

**Variations:
  1. Top with whipped cream and/or chocolate shavings.
  2. Replace the vanilla extract with mint, orange or raspberry for a whole new taste.
  3. Replace the chocolate chips with a cup of dark chocolate chunks or pieces.
Head over to Blessed With Grace for more Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

And don't forget to visit Tammy's Recipes for more Kitchen Tip Tuesday.

11 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace 10:17 PM  

Sounds delightful and decadent! Thanks for sharing and thanks for coming back , again, to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Lora @ my blessed life 12:01 AM  

More temptation is all I need, but who can resist chocolate?! Sounds delicious!

CC 1:06 AM  

YUMM-O!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 8:37 AM  

Did someone say chocolate?! :D Yum! This sounds delicious!!

Sonshine 8:46 AM  

yummy! might just have to try this with the crew. :)

Live.Love.Eat 9:31 AM  

Happy TMTT. I LOVE this idea but since I am a visual person I looked up a version online just to see a pic & I am glad I did. Some people put these in cute little tea cups. So, I will use your recipe with that cute little cup/dish thing in mind. Awesome!!!!! Thanks and Happy TMTT!!!!

Lynn 9:56 AM  

I make something like this too. They are so good. Thanks for sharing your version.

Jamey 11:32 AM  

sounds so yummy, and not to hard to do!Happy TMTT!

Michelle M. 1:57 PM  

That sounds wonderful!

Linda 2:08 PM  

Sounds great, and it's naturally gluten free! Thanks for the recipe.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP