Thursday, October 09, 2008

Un-Frugal Friday

Since Crystal is taking a well-deserved break for a few weeks, I thought it would be fun to go the opposite direction and discuss some things that are not at all frugal. Anyone want to play along?

  1. If you had $100 that you had to spend on a luxury item, what would you spend it on? I'd probably buy books (hardcover only), or fun foods at a gourmet grocery store. If I had leftover money, I'd probably buy some journals and nice pens.
  2. If you had to eat out every day for a week, which restaurants would you go to? Well, since we're being so anti-reality here, let's also say that those restaurants could be anywhere in the world. My picks would be: 1)The Rose & Crown Pub at Epcot in Disney World, 2)any of the Mexican restaurants in Old Town, San Diego, 3)Gino's East Pizzeria in Chicago, 4)a fondue restaurant, 5)The Carriage House (by my parent's) where they have the BEST breakfasts in the world, including bacon waffles, 6) The Kneadery in Ketchum/Sun Valley, Idaho. I ate there over 13 years ago and I can still taste the soup in a bread bowl that I had...best soup ever!, 7) Lucy's, a "greasy-spoon" diner in Lake Geneva, WI where my dad used to take me for an early breakfast before going fishing.
  3. What is one non-frugal thing you've done recently where you were glad you didn't have a blog video recording you? I recently threw away some leftover French fries. There was almost half a pan left, but no one in my house will eat reheated fries. And, I wasn't feeling creative enough to think of a different use for them. So they went straight into the trash.
So, how about you? I'd love to hear your answers, and any other non-frugal, fun questions.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  11:26 AM  

Hi Kate. I'm playing along! Come on over and check out my answers. Um... be warned. I haven't even HEARD of the restaurants that you mentioned. ;-)

Anonymous,  11:31 AM  

Oh, and I might have a solution to your french fry problem. ;-) Try this with your leftover fries: warm them in the oven, then top them with shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, and crumbled bacon. Put them back in the oven and broil until the cheese is melted. YUM! I serve that concoction with ranch dressing.

Unknown 12:43 PM  

1- Books and clothes.
2- anywhere with sushi, The Melting Pot/ fondue, Umi (it's an asian/ pacific grille in)in Myrtle Beach, Sweetwater Tavern in VA, Banjara Indian restaurant in VA, a good Thai restaurant, Lebanese Taverna (in VA).
3- Bought a composition book for $3 from a pharmacy instead of making driving across the parking lot to the bargain store that had it for $0.79

Unknown 3:05 PM  

I'm playing along too! Thanks for a terrific idea!

Amy
http://growingliketrees.blogspot.com/2008/10/frivolous-friday.html

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP