Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownie Cups

I really don't think you need me to tell you how delicious and indulgent these are. I think the name speaks for itself. If you don't believe me, you'll just have to try them out to know for sure.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownie Cups
Cheesecake Filling

  • 1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 c. sugar
  • 1/2 t. vanilla
  • 1/8 t. salt
  • 1/2 - 1 c. chocolate chips
Brownie Batter
  • 1 c. water
  • 1/3 c. vegetable oil
  • 1 T. vinegar
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1/4 c. baking cocoa
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1 t. salt
1. Beat together the cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
2. In a seperate bowl, stir together the water, oil, vinegar and vanilla. Combine remaining ingredients and stir in to the liquid. Whisk together until smooth, or mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Batter will be thin.
3. Grease two muffin tins, or use paper liners, and fill each with a 1/4 c. batter. Put about one tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture in the center of each cup.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before eating. Store in the refrigerator.

One of the best things about these cups is that they freeze really well and are perfect to grab for a quick treat. Thaw either in the refrigerator for a few hours or on defrost in the microwave for about 30 seconds.

Check out the new Scrumptious Sunday Swap over at Happy To Be At Home.

6 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 7:12 AM  

Yummy! I've had these before and they are scrumptious. :D

Delighted Mom 9:44 AM  

Oh my goodness!!! I'm drooling!!! :)

Sonshine 11:57 AM  

yummy!!! Another recipe of yours to add to my list of new recipes to try! LOL! :)

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Unknown 4:21 PM  

These look identical to a recipe my mother-in-law makes. And yes, they are delicious. Before I eat mine I like to heat them (even the non-frozen ones) in the microwave for 10 seconds so they are warm and gooey, yumm!!!!

Shannon

6intow 10:18 AM  

My mom used to make these except with chocolate cake instead. I loved them! With a brownie they must be even better. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I can't wait to try it!

~Erin

Anonymous,  9:51 PM  

I can not wait to try! Yummy!!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP