Wednesday, October 29, 2008

13 Things About My Husband

I have never participated in Thursday 13 on this site before. I've always loved reading the little slice of life that it provides on others blogs though. And I wanted to write about Eric today because I haven't talked much about him or marriage in general lately. Plus, I love him!

  1. Most days, he is the only other adult I actually carry on a conversation with, and that is just fine with me.
  2. He has read every book in the Harry Potter series at least 20 times each. Whenever he is without a new book to read, he'll grab a Harry Potter book. A few of his copies are even starting to fall apart.
  3. He talks like Snoop Dogg. A lot. I am amazed at how well I'm now able to decipher everyday sentences where each word ends in "-izzle."
  4. He is exceptionally goofy. He jokes around with the kids all day and makes up silly little songs for things. He is called crazy at least 200 times a day by Isabelle. (The two of them have so much fun making fun of each other.)
  5. He is the family barber. He cuts his hair, my hair, and the kids hair, and he always does a great job. (Well, almost.)
  6. He never, ever complains about my cooking or what I make for meals and will eat whatever is put on his plate. He is not picky. He doesn't mind leftovers or casseroles.
  7. He can talk for hours and hours with just about anyone. When he goes to a neighbors to help with something, I know I can count on him being gone at least an hour, even though he always says he'll be right back. Cashiers know him by name. When he walks into our bank, he gets a greeting reminiscent of Norm's on Cheers.
  8. He can't pour a cup of coffee like a normal person. He has to hold the pot up as high as he can possibly get it and let the coffee stream into the cup. He'd probably deny it, but I bet he even does this when no one is around to see.
  9. He works incredibly hard in a physically and mentally demanding job. He needs to be able to switch hats between business owner and "the cleaning guy" seamlessly. His vision for our company is admirable. He definitely knows what he is doing and deserves a vacation. That's kind of hard when he works 7 days a week though.
  10. He is a Nascar junkie. He has certain races that are favorites and we plan our lives around them accordingly. For example, under no circumstances was I allowed to go into labor during the night race at Bristol.
  11. Speaking of that, he is a phenomenal labor partner. He is patient and compassionate. He is my advocate when I am too shy or acting too tough to speak up for myself. And he always makes sure to get a picture of baby's first weight check.
  12. He is my very best friend. We can still stay up half the night talking. He makes me laugh like no one else. He knows more about me than even I know about myself. And I know that I'm his best friend too, and that's pretty cool.
  13. He is not perfect. I am not perfect. Our marriage is not perfect. But at the end of the day, there's still no one else I'd rather have to next to me.
You can find more Thursday Thirteen here.

And for more My Husband Rocks Friday, head over here.

13 comments:

Unknown 10:32 PM  

You are truly blessed. Lovely list. Happy Halloween!

Lora @ my blessed life 11:37 PM  

That is a wonderful tribute to your hubby!

Christina 12:03 AM  

Oh, Kate, that was wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

btw, I like your blog so much I nominated you for a blog award...check it out on my page. ; )

Anonymous,  12:49 AM  

Nice list. It's always good to find out about one's fellow bloggers (and their husbands!).

Welcome TT

Anonymous,  1:03 AM  

Talking is so important. I love talking with my dh, and could easily do it for hours. I can see why it ranks high with you.

Ashley Wells 10:50 AM  

I love it when women talk up their husbands!!!

I do it every week with My Husband Rocks Fridays! It is a great joy to write a post every week about how he rocks!!!

-Ashley

Anonymous,  5:53 PM  

How sweet, sounds like a great man to be around with :) What a great list to start off your TT habit. Looking forward to the next one :)


Happy Halloween!

Lisa 6:25 PM  

Thanks for sharing. He sounds like a doll.

Thorne 9:22 PM  

That is a great list! Happy TT! Come read about the
Witch's New Year

Anonymous,  12:09 AM  

This list is a great start to the TT habit! He sounds like a wonderful man.

Happy TT!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 7:07 AM  

What a blessing! Love the last one. :D Thank you for sharing! :D

Angie 6:11 PM  

Sounds like an awesome hubby. #7 is my hubby too. He's very chatty and is never gone for 'just a few minutes' LOL

Nice to meet you. I saw your link on the My Husband Rocks meme post.

Jennifer 11:32 PM  

Aww! What a sweet post. He is such a lucky man to have you in his life!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP