Monday, September 22, 2008

A Simple Sunday Afternoon

A simple Sunday afternoon brings out all kinds of feelings of gratitude for me. I am grateful for the simple pleasure of spending time outside with my family. It is a wonderful thing to be able to have fun with just the grass, some flowers, and imaginations.
I am grateful that this big guy loves to have his picture taken, and that he still loves wearing two shirts.
I am grateful that the girls love the church dresses so much they don't change out of them until bedtime. And I'm grateful that their mama has gotten over the dresses being only for church and has learned to embrace the joy of little girls playing in their dresses.
I am grateful that we were able to get some pictures of Gracie walking in the grass before the summer was over. This is something I've wanted to tackle for a few weeks and I'm so happy we were able to get it done.
For more Gratituesday, be sure to visit Heavenly Homemakers.

For more Tackle-It Tuesday, head over to 5 Minutes for Mom.

7 comments:

Teresa 7:18 AM  

These are beautiful pictures...and beautiful things to be grateful for!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 8:05 AM  

It looks like you had a blast! Your children are adorable!
We have so much to be grateful for!God is good!

Jen 8:51 AM  

Beautiful post! Your children are darling. Also for being thankful for the small things as well as the larger things. Thanks for the reminder.

Laura 10:13 AM  

These pictures are so great! What treasures (the children, the pictures and the memories).

Mary Ellen 11:33 AM  

What beautiful pictures!

Nancy 2:48 PM  

What a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Anonymous,  6:15 PM  

We love a simple Sunday. We went fishing at a friend's pond and cooked out with Lance's brother's family last Sunday. So nice!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP