Monday, September 15, 2008

Setting Up A Homeschooling Space

I spent a few hours this weekend tackling Isabelle's new homeschooling work space. I decided to wait to organize her desk until after I had written out all of her plans and assignment sheets. I figured by waiting I'd be able to determine how to make the best use of her space. I think I was right.

What began as this
and this:
has now turned into this:
and this:
Half way through her first day of a full work schedule today, when we took a break for lunch, she asked if she could eat at her desk because she loves it so much. And let me tell you, she has BIG plans for this desk. She told me that one of these days she wants to get her own computer so that she can do her blogging (and look at educational websites too, of course) at her own desk. Oh, a girl after my own heart!

I also tackled organizing the preschool boxes for Alex and Olivia. They are stored in a cabinet and will be pulled out each day before "school" time. I forgot to take pictures of those, so I'll have to share them another day.

Don't forget to stop by 5 Minutes For Mom for more Tackle-It Tuesday.



Get your FREE sample of Crystal Light, Purell, Blistex, plus many more samples from REMEDY Magazine just for joining REMEDYLife. In addition to FREE healthy samples you'll get coupons and special offers absolutely FREE. Click here to Join Today!

Click Here

13 comments:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings 1:00 AM  

Fabulous tackle! Looks like a perfect place for her to get a lot of work done! (And, I just love that she wanted to eat her lunch there too.)

Anonymous,  7:44 AM  

Neat! It's so cool that she loves it so much she wanted to eat there! :)

Frugal Finds 8:07 AM  

great tackle!!

Nicolas v.f. 8:18 AM  

aww this is lovely:)

Susie 9:15 AM  

That is such a great tackle that I got a little organizational shiver:-)

Susie 9:15 AM  

That is such a great tackle that I got a little organizational shiver:-)

Mrs. Gray's Class 9:37 AM  

What a great space for your little girl - the fact that she's excited about it is wonderful and very conducive to learning.

xoBeau 10:20 AM  

fabulous tackle! xcllnt work!

Anonymous,  11:22 AM  

I just finished tackling our school room. This seemed to take forever. I had to quit all the time to do something else. But now we are settled in.

Wait till the other kids want their own desk. ;)

mom_of2boys 4:28 PM  

It looks great! Great tackle!

Sonshine 9:07 PM  

Looks lovely! I wish that my boys would keep their desk looking that neat and tidy! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Kirstin 12:26 AM  

That looks great! I am still not sure how we'll do our set up in the new house...I know that seems weird. You'd think I'd have tons of space, but probably not right away. We have an idea for what we'd like to do but I really don't know how or when we'll do it. So I think for now school will be done at the table or wherever they can find space (C:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP