Monday, September 29, 2008

The Housing Market

This week I am choosing to be thankful for the current housing market.

We have had our home on the market for a few months and we know it is not going to sell anytime soon. For a while when we first began this process, we believed it would sell right away because we had a potential buyer. We began looking into houses for sale, and planning to be in a new house for the summer.

Now the summer has passed us by and nothing has changed. We have made the choice to be happy no matter the circumstances and trust that everything will work out according to God's perfect plan and in His perfect timing. Honestly, this isn't always easy. We don't talk about it a lot, but Eric and I both had our hearts set on a new house. It would be all too easy to be disgruntled and pessimistic throughout this process. Thankfully, God has chosen to use this opportunity to grow and strengthen our faith.

He has also used this time to remind us of what is truly important in our lives. We have rededicated ourselves to being happy with what we have. We are blooming where we're planted, instead of always looking over the fence waiting for the next best thing. We are relying heavily on our integrity also to keep us from agreeing to a rental situation that would serve us well but not be fair to renters.

Sometimes we do have to work at being grateful for this situation (we are only human, after all), but it gets easier with each passing day. Seeing the joy and fun our children experience each and every day of their lives is a constant reminder that what we have and where we live right now is not very important in the long run. Every day we live under the same roof as a family is a day to praise the Lord for all the blessings in our lives.

You can find more Gratituesday at Laura's blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous,  10:35 PM  

Thank you for encouraging us to look at all things with gratitude. I'm excited for you, Kate. I wish I could be there with you in the future the moment you smile (even laugh, maybe?) and say "THAT'S what this was all about, God! Thank you!"

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 9:31 AM  

Thank you for sharing, Kate! Your post was so uplifting as I'm sure it would be easy to be disgruntled about it. My parents are trying to sell their house as my dad is pastor a church 5 hours away. My mom says God knows who the buyer is, but He hasn't revealed it yet. :D Blessings!

Kristen 2:49 PM  

What a hard thing to be grateful for. What a great optimistic view! How uplifting!

Laura 3:48 PM  

Ah, to be content with what we have. Such a good thing to be reminded of. Who knows what kind of house God is saving up for you once you finally sell this one!

Donna 4:53 PM  

Great attitude! May the Lord bless you as you wait upon Him!

MamaMia 3:21 PM  

I needed this post today! I've been lamenting the amount of space that I have! Thank you for sharing!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP