Monday, August 04, 2008

Gratituesday: Love of Reading


I will be forever grateful that my parents instilled an early love of reading in me. I honestly feel thankful for this every time I crack open a new book. And again I am thankful when I turn that last page of a wonderful story that I know will stay with me always. I can't imagine my life without reading for pleasure at every possible opportunity.

I grew up in a home where I was surrounded by books at every turn. I remember my mom and dad always having an assortment of books that they were reading on their night tables. My parents were, and still are, voracious readers. They taught me the thrill of getting absorbed in an excellent book. Following their lead, I learned to transport myself into a story, where I would stay for hours on end.

I am so glad to be married to a man who views books this same way, and who is equally thrilled to raise our own readers. I look forward to the day we can all go to a coffee house as a family and sit together reading our books.

Head on over to Laura's blog for more Gratituesday.

3 comments:

Laura 12:52 PM  

Ah, books. My husband and I both love to read too...and it seems that our boys have the bug too! Books ARE such a gift.

Augurs 7:50 PM  

We love books, too! :) I continually have a running list of books on hold at the library, wish lists of books to buy on Amazon, and stacks of books from the library piled around my living room! :) Definitely something to be thankful for.

Blessings,
Michele :)

Carlie Faulk 9:28 PM  

Oh - we're with you over here. Hubby and I love to read. The kids arll love to read. I'm so pleased that they do. It makes me happy to pass that on to them :)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP