Thursday, July 24, 2008

Answering My Own Questions

Ah, another day, another lazy post!

I've decided that I should answer my own questions from yesterday's post of blogging habit questions. (And thanks to Michele for giving me this idea!)


Do you keep a running list of blog post ideas?
I do, but unfortunately, I usually only keep it in my head. Which means when I sit down to post, I have dig through all the stuff that's swirling around up there to remember just what it was I wanted to blog about. Every so often I will remember to write things down. I've been using this Blogging Mom's Planner that we have in our downloads section over at Happy To Be At Home. That's really helped me keep all my ideas in one place.

Do you only blog on certain days and about certain topics?
Nope. I initially thought I would, but that hasn't happened. I like to just write about whatever seems to strike me at that particular moment.

Do you limit the number of memes you will participate in? And if so, what qualifications must a meme meet in order for you to join?
I do limit the number of memes I participate in, although I have been adding a few more lately. I only participate in ones that correspond with my life or that I've found benefit from. For example, my newest addition is "The Simple Woman's Daybook." I have really enjoyed reading this on many other blogs and it seemed a good fit with my life. I do not feel I HAVE to participate in any given week though. If I don't have something to write that would be a good fit, I just skip that week.

Do you keep your family anonymous, or do you use real names?
I use our real names. I do try to not use any names for other family members though, unless I know it's okay with them. I also don't post pictures of other family members without their okay.

Do you feel guilty if you don't post for a few days?
I haven't really encountered this yet, but I don't think I would. There have been a few occasions where I had to miss a couple days and that didn't bother me at all.

Are there any off-limit topics that you will not blog about?
I will not write anything personal about anyone outside of our immediate family, unless I know it is okay. I will not write about politics. I will not write anything that my husband would be uncomfortable with me posting.

Do you monitor your blog stats on a regular basis?
I try not to, but I am curious about where people come from. That's probably my favorite statistic.

Do you ever sit and stare at your computer monitor, waiting for inspiration to hit, only to give up and decide to just post tomorrow? (Or, even better, when that inspiration does not hit, do you think "Oooh, I know, I'll ask everyone else about their blogging habits!")
Ummm...would you believe me if I said, "No! Never! Absolutely Not!"?

Do you, without fail, refrain from blogging on any certain days of the week?
I typically do not blog on Saturday nights, unless there is something I need to do at Happy To Be At Home. I also do not write any blog posts until after the kids are all in bed.

Do you do most of your blogging in one day and then just publish throughout the week?
No, but every once in a while, if I'm feeling particularly ambitious, I will do an extra post or two to publish at a later time.

Do you limit the number of posts you will do on any one day?
I've never had to limit the number. I think 3 is the most I've ever done in one day and that does not happen often.

Thanks so much to everyone who answered these questions yesterday. If you'd like to answer them, just leave it in the comment section or copy and paste to your blog and enjoy a freebie post!

1 comments:

Lisa Hellier 7:27 PM  

Hi, I answered the questions on my blog. Thanks for the freebie post. Here's my link:
http://acompletethought.wordpress.com/2008/07/26/someones-asking/

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP