Monday, June 09, 2008

Happy Birthday Olivia!


Olivia was born June 9, 2005 at 7:11 pm. She was 5 weeks and 1 day early, which meant she just missed the cut off point and had to spend two days in the NICU. She was jaundiced also. But she was definitely wide awake just after birth, and she has been taking in everything she sees ever since.

She was pretty much attached to my hip until Gracie was born. Now she is attached to the counter where she works with me all day.

She was a very shy baby, but she was also full of sass and spunk. We all knew she had an awesome personality and sense of humor, but she didn't break out of her shell with the rest of the world until about 6 months ago. She is witty with a dry sense of humor. She can toss a comeback with the best of 'em.
She has such a servant's heart and is always doing whatever she can for everyone. The flip side of that though is that you DO NOT want to cross her. She exacts revenge swiftly and surely, often in the form of a pinch, and often inflicted on her brother Alex. When Alex was learning to talk, he could not pronounce Olivia. Instead, he called her Owa. For whatever reason, that name stuck with all of us. Now she will answer to Olivia, Olivia Marie (when she's in trouble, of course), Owa, Owa Bowa, Owsie, Owsie Bowsie or Ows Bows.
She is a remarkable little girl and we are so incredibly blessed to have her in our lives.

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP