Sunday, May 25, 2008

Menu Plan Monday: Finishing Up the 3 Moms Month

Well, we are approaching the end of May which means this is the last week of 3 Moms, 3 Kitchens, 31 Days. I will be using up the last of my freezer meals and groceries for the month. I have just over $18 of my $300 monthly budget left to purchase any additional items we need this month. Based on my menu plan (which was made standing in front of my freezer to make sure I had an accurate count of what's left), we will not be going over budget.

Here is what we will be eating this week:

Breakfast
M - Leftover crepes
T - Pancakes
W - Banana muffins
Th - Homemade English muffins with butter and jelly
F - Pancakes
S - Puffed pancake w/apples
Su - Baked oatmeal

Lunch
M - PB & J, chicken noodle soup (from the freezer)
T - Lentil and Garbanzo bean salad, homemade pita chips, yogurt
W - Curry tuna melts, applesauce
Th - Cream cheese noodles, peaches
F - Cheese quesadillas, pineapple
S - Leftovers
Su - Split pea and ham soup (from the freezer)

Dinner
M - Sloppy joes (from the freezer), homemade mac & cheese, peas
T - Chicken and black bean tacos (from the freezer) w/ homemade tortillas
W - Sloppy joe spaghetti (w/leftover meat from M), creamed spinach
Th - Lentil and brown rice chili, corn muffins
F - Chicken pot pie (w/chicken & gravy from freezer)
S - BBQ meatballs (from the freezer), Parmesan oven fries, broccoli
Su - Chicken (from the freezer) and veggie stir fry over brown rice

For more menu plans, head over to Organizing Junkie.

And make sure you stop by Joy and Toni's blogs to see what adventures they've been up to in their kitchens this month.

7 comments:

Anonymous,  7:48 AM  

Another great week Kate! I am really impressed that you were able to keep it under budget! You are really an inspiration to me!
Toni

Anonymous,  11:00 AM  

your menu is impressive- i'm signing up to get updates so i can learn a thing or two. thanks!

Anonymous,  11:01 AM  

Awesome recipes. I'm super impressed you won't go over your budget-grocery prices have been rising so much. I paid $5 for 2 bunches of broccoli yesterday-grrr...

How do you make your crepes? Growing up my dad used a cast-iron skillet. I don't have one but I do have a large skillet.

Alisa 12:24 PM  

Oh please don't stop you 3. Please, can't you just commit to the next 3 years? Or 30? Can you tell I've really enjoyed this series? I guess I shouldn't have been so lazy and left you all a few comments. I'm sure there are 100's like me out here though. Thanks!

Nancy 2:26 PM  

Kate, I've enjoyed following you, Toni and Joy this month. You've all done a marvelous job. You 3 were many times that little extra "umph" that kept me inspired to stick to my budget.

Candace 3:18 PM  

Hi Kate,
Lucky you that you have all of those meals in the freezer for the week. This must be the part of the month you really enjoy!
Great job staying on budget!
I was wondering about the lentil and garbanzo bean salad. What's in it?

Michele @ Frugal Granola 7:23 PM  

Cream cheese noodles was a favorite of mine in college. :) I have made it with cottage cheese instead of cream cheese as well. I usually add chives also.
Blessings,
Michele :)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP