Sunday, April 20, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

This will be just an ordinary week for us, although I am planning on doing some extra baking. I'm also going to start planning for next month because we are going to need more freezer meals than usual. I will probably see if I can come up with some different recipes also that will freeze nicely so that we can have more variety. My ultimate goal for next month will be to double every meal we eat the first 10 days, and to make one extra meal each of those days so that the rest of the month will be done. We are in the early stages of having our home on the market and getting ready to move so I want to be able to be prepared for all the hectic days that I know are to come.

Here is my menu for this week.


Breakfast


M - Chocolate chip pancakes

T - Cheesy scrambled eggs, toast

W - Oatmeal w/ bananas foster topping

Th - French toast

F - Banana bread or muffins

S - Crepes & Strawberries

Su - English muffin bread with peanut butter & honey

Lunch

M - Hummus & homemade pitas, peaches, yogurt

T - Tuna spread, cheese, crackers, apple slices

W - Turkey & cheese sandwiches, yogurt, pear slices

Th - Homemade calzones, applesauce

F - Tabbouleh, hard boiled eggs

S - Quesadillas, pineapple

Su - Split pea & ham soup (from freezer)

Dinner

M - Ham, broccoli and cheese casserole, batter rolls

T - Curried lentil and potato stew in whole wheat bread bowls

W - Cider vinegar chicken, garlic smashed potatoes, oven-roasted broccoli

Th - Spaghetti w/meat sauce, green beans

F - Beef and broccoli stir-fry (w/leftover broccoli from W), brown rice

S - Chicken and gravy over homemade biscuits or spaetzle, maple-ginger carrots

Su - Tacos w/ homemade tortillas, corn and black bean salad

To check out more menu plans for this week, head over to Laura's blog at OrgJunkie!

5 comments:

Posh Mama 9:07 AM  

Great menu! I have never attempted homemade tortillas, are they easy?

Nancy 10:30 AM  

Looks like you have a good week planned. Could you share recipes for your Curried Lentil & Potato Stew and Bananas Foster topping for pancakes? Have a great week.

Michele @ Frugal Granola 9:58 PM  

It sounds like you have a great plan! :) How do you make pitas? I would love to learn how! :)
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Blessings,
Michele :)
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

Niki Jolene 10:09 PM  

Great menu!

Mmmmm, hummus...I haven't had that in awhile!

:)

Anonymous,  8:04 AM  

Yummy!!! I wish we were eating at your house this week!!!

Have a great day!!!
Christy

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP