Monday, April 07, 2008

Gratituesday


Laura, over at Heavenly Homemakers, has a wonderful Tuesday meme to encourage us to remember to be thankful. This week I am thankful for so many things that I couldn't pick just one.

This week, I am thankful for the first signs of Spring. It is warm and sunny, even the air smells fresh and crisp and filled with the promise of new things to come.

I am thankful for unexpected situations. We are in the very beginning stages of getting ready to put our home on the market and buy a new house. With the market in its current position, we were ready to resign ourselves to this product taking many, many months. However, it looks like we possibly already have a buyer and we haven't even listed the house yet! God is so good. What an incredible turn of events for us. We should be hearing in the next few days and will be praying in the meantime for a positive outcome.

I am thankful to be married to a patient, loving man who is always pushing me to be my best.

I am thankful for the countless encouragement and wonderful women I have been getting to know through their blogs.

I am thankful for freshly laundered sheets that smell almost as good as the air outside.

I am thankful for learning to lean on God more and more with every passing day.

I am thankful for my children learning to make their beds and get dressed by themselves. The pride in their faces more than makes up for a crooked blanket or a clashing outift.

I am thankful for Laura starting this meme that will encourage me and remind me of all the many things in my life I have to be thankful for.
Please go visit Laura to read what others are thankful for, and to share your own thankfulness.

5 comments:

Char 1:05 AM  

Aw, great post! Isn't it wonderful how much we have to be thankful for, and how fun it is to stop and think about it for a little while? Glad you joined in over at Laura's blog.

Laura 8:36 AM  

Wow! That is so awesome that you have a potential buyer for your house!! I loved your list of all the things your thankful for. It IS hard to pick ONE isn't it!? Thanks so much for joining in Gratituesday!

suezque 10:10 AM  

Great list- thanks for sharing! :-)

Unknown 12:37 PM  

And that is a fabulous list of things to be thankful for! Good luck on the house and enjoy every minute of spring!

Alyson

http://threepsinapod.blogspot.com/2008/04/i-have-so-many-things-to-be-grateful.html#links

godlover 7:01 PM  

We all have so much to be thankful for, don't we? For a time I used to write down 10 things I was thankful for every night. It was a nice way of remembering what the Lord had done during my day. God bless.

Marj
Calaveras County CA
http://gdlvr.blogspot.com

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP