Monday, April 28, 2008

Gratituesday: Turning Negatives into Positives


In an effort to shift my perspective and refocus my attentions on God's ever-present, ever-faithful hand in my life, this week I am choosing to be thankful for things that I wasn't all that thankful for at first.
  • I am thankful for a shorter-than-I-wanted haircut. God has blessed me with an opportunity to remember vanity is really not a good thing. He has also blessed me with an opportunity to see my husband really, truly loves me and will do whatever he can to make me happy.
  • I am thankful the potential buyer of our home changed his mind. God has thus granted us the opportunity to take care of some financial issues that would have gotten pushed aside otherwise. We also have a bit more time to get the house ready to sell without the stress of feeling like it had to be done yesterday. And, we can really look at all the available houses to purchase without feeling like we just need to put an offer on the very first one we see.
  • I am thankful for spending just over a week washing, folding, sorting, and storing kid's clothes. This would not have been necessary had we not been blessed so abundantly in hand-me-downs throughout the years.
  • I am thankful for an almost empty, end-of-the-month pantry and refrigerator. This is proof positive that our family ate well the past month, and that we are blessed enough to have the resources to go out and buy more food to fill everything up to overflowing. I am also thankful that we still have food in the freezer and that my baking cabinet is full.

To read what others are thankful for, and to share your own thanks, head over to Laura's blog at Heavenly Homemakers.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  8:46 AM  

We have similar posts today! Hope you are having a great week!

Andie 9:34 AM  

What a very wonderful list of thankfuls. I need to go through my kiddos' closets and clean them out, sort and pack away for that garage sale I say I'm going to have EVERY year. Maybe this year it will happen...:o)
Blessings-Andie

Laura 12:28 PM  

It's so easy to look at things that go "wrong" in our lives as negative. Thanks for this great reminder to look at them positively! You're right...there is a positive side to EVERYTHING!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP