Saturday, April 05, 2008

Getting Out of God's Way


I am tired of being weak. I am tired of being wrong. I am tired of constantly getting in God's way as he tries to work in my life. I am tired of not yet knowing the blessings awaiting me when I am finally able to truly die to self. I am too busy focusing on ME.
This is a very difficult thing to do in our human frailty. We are bombarded with messages telling us to put ourselves first. Yet, as I have seen, this just does not work. And I have cried out to the Lord more times than I care to count to help me, change me, work in me. I know He can, and He will, if only I would let Him. My deepest desire is to fulfill my biblical calling. Obviously this is what God wants for me also. His Word is filled with my job requirements. I know He can direct me down the correct path. So how do I step back and let Him? How do I put myself, my selfish desires, my sinful pride, aside to allow God to do His work? Even as I have felt His work begin in me, I have pulled back with a feeling of, "what about me?"
How blessed I am that my Lord is a patient and loving Father. He is just waiting for me to STOP! And then...oh, then...I will find my happy, peaceful self by dying to this petty, worldly self. He will slowly and perfectly guide me down the path He wants me on, and my family will be so happy for this.
Graphic courtesy of allposters.com.

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP