Saturday, March 08, 2008

I Think My Body Is In Shock

Two weeks ago, we began the process of weaning Gracie. We began with one bottle a day, and still nursing twice a day. She handled this just fine, as we knew she would. She is eating table food wonderfully and was clearly ready for this next step. After a few days, we switched to two bottles a day and still nursing in the morning. This last one was nice for me, because it meant when she woke up I was able to just get her out of her crib and put her in bed with us and get a little extra sleep. As of Thursday though, she is entirely weaned! She has transitioned beautifully. We're so proud of her, and so in awe of her being THIS old already.

I am having a more difficult time. This is the first time since December 2003 that I have not been pregnant and/or nursing. My body is feeling the physical effects of weaning, as well as the emotional effects. It seems like my body is not sure what it is supposed to be doing now. I am emotionally torn. On one hand, I am excited at the thought of giving my body a break. (And, I have REALLY been enjoying sleeping on my stomach again!) But on the other hand, it is a little sad. Our baby is not a baby anymore, and we don't have another one on the way. This is certainly a time of adjustment. Isn't that what life is all about though? Moving forward, season to season, embracing the new and wonderful things that God puts in our paths as we continue down our simple walks.

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP