Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Things I've Never Done Before But Would Like To Do Some Day #1

The following post is the beginning of an ongoing list that I will be blogging about at random times. Some of the things I'll be including are very tangible goals that hopefully I'll be able to cross off as I get to them. Others will be just dreams...things I know I'll never really do, but I'll never be too old to daydream.

  1. Learn how to sew, and actually use the skill on a regular basis. I have always loved the idea of sewing, always dreamt about sewing clothes for my children, and yet I've never done anything to learn. Eric also wants me to learn how to sew. He even picked up a table sewing machine for me at a charity yard sale a few years ago. The table has been a very useful addition to our bedroom for holding clutter, but the sewing machine still sits nicely tucked away. I can easily come up with a dozen excuses as to why I have not learned yet, but none of them are very good. I need to just do it, even if I just learn with a book from the library, some scrap fabric, and lots of trial and error. I am hopeful I will be able to cross this one off the list during 2008.
  2. Make a scrapbook for each of the kids, or at the least, make one of our trip to Disney World last year with my family. I love to look at scrapbooks people have made, and I always think how much I would LOVE to do that. What a neat way to hold on to memories! Two things have kept me from doing it thus far: a) scrapbooking can be very expensive, and b)honestly, I'm just not very crafty. I really wish I was. But truthfully, Isabelle would probably do a better job than me. I know there are kits I could buy that would not require much craftiness on my part, but see excuse "a" above. Maybe someday though.
  3. Learn to make piecrust from scratch. I have always been very hesitant to do this because it just seems that there is so much that could go wrong. However, I have been very adventurous in the kithcen lately. I made pierogi from scratch this Christmas armed with only my grandmother's recipe and the belief that rolling the dough THIN couldn't be that hard. I was right, and I was very proud of the end result. Just two weeks ago, I made cinnamon rolls from scratch for the first time, and again I had no problems rolling out the dough. It seems like pie crust is destined to be next on the list. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Okay, so that's a start for now. Oh, there are so many things to be added to this list! I think I'll try to push myself to blog additions to this list at least once a week. Having them down in writing might actually be enough of a motivating factor to make sure I get some of them done.

1 comments:

Nancy 9:33 AM  

I've got a fabulous "mix in the dish" pie crust. I'll try to remember to share it with you.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP