Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Growth ~ 2011

I read Amy's post about being Intentional in 2011 and was instantly smitten with the idea of a theme word for the year. I'm not typically a resolution maker. No wait, strike that. I AM a resolution maker, I'm just not a resolution keeper! So I figured I could definitely get behind having a theme word for the year.


I didn't have to think very hard to decide what my theme word for 2011 would be because it's something that I've been thinking about for quite a while.


2011 is going to be all about GROWTH.

Personal Growth Goals:
  1. Grow as a communicator. Sometimes, I just flat out stink at spoken conversation. I get awkward and stumble over my words. I have to quietly think before I can continue speaking on a regular basis. It's frustrating for me, super frustrating for my husband and I'm willing to bet it frustrates plenty of other people that I talk to on a regular basis also. In 2011, I want to push myself to just speak.
  2. Grow as a wife. I want to get better at speaking my husband's "love language." Goes hand-in-hand with #1. I also want to work through The Love Dare, which we bought a couple of years ago after watching Fireproof.
  3. Grow as a mom. Consistent discipline, quiet together time, play time - these are the 3 areas where I'll be focusing.
  4. Grow in my faith. I want to get into a regular bible reading schedule as well as read other books on Christianity. Eric and I used to do that frequently but it's been put on the back burner the past few years. I'm going to start that process by reading The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical by Shane Claiborne.
Professional Growth Goals:
  1. Grow the blog. Cooking During Stolen Moments has become my main blog. It grew consistently throughout 2010, but I fell short of many of the goals I had for the year. (A new house and a new baby may be to blame for that one!) I want to step outside my comfort zone and pursue a few opportunities that I've passed up because of my shyness. I also want to become more proactive in seeking out other new opportunities.
  2. Grow the menu planning. Just like the blog, I fell short of many of the goals I had for Stolen Moments Menu Planning in 2010. I want to grow my customers but also expand the business to a membership site. That's just a start.
I'm sure as these first few weeks of the year go on I'll think of even more areas where I need or want to grow. Growth is such an important part of life and I'm excited to focus on it for 2011. Maybe it will force me to also grow in my follow-through abilities. We shall see!

Did you make resolutions for the year? Or are you embracing a theme word for the year? I'd love to hear about it!

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP