Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Look

I was getting a little tired of how busy my blog looked, so I decided to make some changes. I'm not 100% satisfied yet so I'm sure there will be more changes coming in the very near future. I love learning about html, I just wish I knew more. My learning curve is huge and so the finished product will be a long time in coming.

Once again, the wonderful Joy has created a beautiful new header for me. Having talented friends is the best!

Also, I would love to hear how you view my blog. Is the right sidebar next to the main text, or is it about 3 inches, with a big white gap in the middle? On my computer it is fine using both firefox and IE. But on Eric's laptop, there is that big gap between the two columns when viewed in firefox. If it's just his computer I'm not going to worry about it. But if it's happening a lot, I'm going to hunt down a solution. Please let me know. Thanks!

5 comments:

Lindsay 11:17 PM  

Checking reader before bed tonight on the ol' iPhone, definately see the space. Obviously three inches of screen space is relative, but the right column begins about where the current post ends. Looks good otherwise!

Judy 6:59 AM  

I have a big space between the middle text and the column on the right. This was using Firefox. The left column was flush with the edge of the screen too but there was only a small space between the left and the middle. Just to compare, I then went to the blog using Internet Explorer. With IE there was no space. I did notice that the whole blog was centered and there was big spaces on both outside edges.
HTH,
Judy
BTW, I like the new look : )

Erin 9:25 AM  

I am viewing with firefox3 and I have no problems with the layout. The right column is next to the text.

Nancy 12:06 PM  

I don't have any problems with viewing your site. No extra white space. Nice updates by the way.

Unknown 8:46 PM  

I love the new look. It's a gorgeous header. Very sophisticated!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP