Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Is It Summer Yet?

It's in the fifties today and the air carries that little hint of spring. I'm looking forward to spring, but more than that, I am ready for summer!

This winter has been a tough one. It seems to be our season of sick. The kids have been down more times than I care to count and we've all passed an endless variety of illnesses back and forth. It's enough to make me shout ENOUGH, bring on summer!

This winter has also seen us truly stretching the limits of our tiny little house. The kids are getting bigger. The house is not. And we're all feeling it.

Fortunately, things are looking up on the moving front. It's been two years since we listed our home for sale. But now we are in the process of having everything lined up so that by summertime, we will be in a new (bigger!) house. Moving is definitely in our very near future and we're more than ready.

Although I could do without the whole house-shopping process. We've made two offers already only to have them not pan out. It's hard to fall in love with a house, picture us living there and then find out it's not going to happen. Now we are playing the waiting came to see if we get approval from the bank short sale for the third house we have an offer on. Everything else is lined up and it's looking good. We're praying and trusting that God knows where he wants us. It's hard though!

So I am done with winter! I'm glad spring is around the corner. But it's summer that I'm really looking forward to. Hurry up already!

2 comments:

Bree 12:42 PM  

Crossing my fingers for you :)hope you hear something soon.

Jennifer 9:40 PM  

Good luck with the move! Always stressful, but worth it in the end.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP