Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Heading To Blissdom

For the past few days I've been busily getting prepared for Blissdom. I'm always amazed at the amount of work that goes into getting ready. This will be my third blogging conference and you'd think I'd have a handle on things by now. You'd think...but you'd be wrong.

Actually though, I have things pretty well set up for Eric and the kids while I'm gone. And I'm crossing things off of my work to-do list pretty quickly. I've got menu plans finished. I'm in the process of getting my Stolen Moments Menu Planning swag together for Savvy Blogging. My business cards are ready.

So, I guess I'm not as bad off as I feel like I am. My suitcase isn't packed yet, but that will be a pretty quick process. I'm trying to not worry too hard about clothes this time around. For me, this trip to Blissdom is more about spending time with my friends than anything else. And there are SO many wonderful online friends that I'll be meeting in person for the first time. Why stress about clothes for that?

In addition to all those usual preparations, I've been preparing myself mentally. That's the hardest preparation of all for my SHY (super shy) self. I'm committed to breaking out of my shell at least a little bit this time around. We'll see how that goes though.

I can't to share pictures and stories here after I get home!

If you're going to Blissdom too, please let me know.

3 comments:

Jessica 10:29 PM  

I'll be there, and hope to see you! :)

Amanda from Faith, Food and Family 3:32 PM  

I wish I was heading to Blissdom. It's only an hour and a half from where I live but I just couldn't swing the price. I hope you all have a great time and there's always next year. :)
God bless,
Amanda

Jennifer 5:56 PM  

Have a great time, I wish I could go, but have no one to take care of the kids.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP