Sunday, January 24, 2010

Menu Plan Monday ~ Week of 1/25

The end of the month is always a pretty hectic time around our house. I'm so excited to have a freezer full of meals to select from this month. That hasn't been the case in awhile, but I did quite a bit of freezer cooking this month, so I'm all set. I kind of fell out of the habit of doing that and I am really enjoying the rewards now.

In addition to our usual end of the month craziness, Eric's birthday is on Wednesday and I need to start preparing for Blissdom, which is LESS THAN 2 weeks away. I can't believe how quickly this month has flown by.

I'm definitely feeling under-prepared for Blissdom. I want to make sure that I have meals prepared and everything ready for Eric and the kids while I'm gone. If I can find some time, I'll do that this week. If not, that will be my agenda for the weekend.

Here's what we'll be eating this week ~

Breakfasts

  • Waffles, Cherry Pecan Bread, Cereal, Oatmeal, Bagels, Smoothies
Lunches
  • Brown bag burritos (from the freezer), tuna melts, leftovers, sandwiches, pizza grilled cheese, fruit (clementines, apples, peaches, grapes, bananas)
Dinners
  • M - Chicken something or other. I'm still debating on this based on the chicken options I have in the freezer. I'll wing it tomorrow morning.
  • T - Corned beef, cabbage, carrots, baby red potatoes, rye bread (This is Eric's traditional birthday dinner. We'll celebrate his birthday the night before since he'll be home with us for dinner.)
  • W - BBQ Meatballs (from the freezer), homemade mac & cheese, peas
  • Th - Corned beef hash (using Tuesday's leftovers)
  • F - Sloppy Joe Pizza (sloppy joe meat from the freezer)
  • S - Coconut chicken, rice pilaf
  • Su - Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Stop by Org Junkie for hundreds more menu plans.

1 comments:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings 12:12 AM  

I'm feeling really unprepared for Blissdom too. Hope we both kick it into gear! ;)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP