Sunday, November 29, 2009

Menu Plan Monday ~ Week of November 30

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving last week and I hope you all did too! I made the full spread just for our family. I figured we'd have lots of leftovers that I could fill the freezer with. But either everyone was really hungry or I just didn't make as much food as I thought I did since the leftovers were sparse. The only thing I'll really be able to freeze is some turkey. I'll shred what's left and we'll use it in casseroles and soups. I'm planning to make stock with the carcass too.

By the way, if you're looking for some methods and recipes for stock making, check out the Stock Exchange going on at JessieLeigh's place. Her tips are great and there are links to other posts as well. I'll be joining up once my turkey stock is done.

Here are our dinner plans for this week. Breakfast and lunch will just be some leftovers and other easy things. I'll be doing our monthly shopping trip in a few days so I haven't nailed down those plans yet.

  • M - Stuffed meatballs, cheesy broccoli and rice
  • T - Turkey enchiladas, refried black beans
  • W - Tuna burgers, oven fries, peas
  • Th - Taco pinwheel
  • F - Breakfast for dinner: Butter pecan-banana waffles, bacon or sausage
  • S - TBD
  • Su - Mushroom barley bisque, tomato basil bread
If you're looking for a great gift for someone on your Christmas list (sister, friend, teacher, etc.), please check out the great Christmas gift subscription sale at Stolen Moments Menu Planning. It might just be the perfect answer!

And then don't forget to stop by Org Junkie to get the rest of your menu planning fix.

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP