This has certainly been quite a week for us! I thought it would be fun to give a brief rundown of things. So here we go...
- Isabelle loves school. She has made a great adjustment. So far, she thinks school is a lot more fun than homeschool. That's all well and good, but we are making sure she understands that school is for learning, just like when she'd do her school work at home every day. I think she grasps that and she is definitely enjoying her classes and even her homework.
- The little kids sure miss their big sister! I am asked at least a dozen times a day when she will be getting home. And they each cry if they feel like she didn't say good-bye loudly or long enough.
- Getting up early and being forced to get going at the beginning of the day has really made a difference in my day. I am actually getting lots done every day and it is feeling really good.
- I completely forgot how short a lunch period is in schools. Isabelle gets 15 minutes to eat lunch every day. Our lunches tend to be lazy affairs where we all lounge together and take our time eating. So Isabelle has had to quickly adjust to eating faster and I've had to adjust what I pack for her if she's ever going to finish it all.
- I never expected to feel more fallout from deciding to stop homeschooling than I did when we started homeschooling. It's been a bit difficult for me. I feel like I've ostracized myself from this large, wonderful group of homeschoolers.
- Having Isabelle in school all the time really has impacted our overall household. I miss her help and her company. The kids miss their play buddy. Eric misses his favorite teasing victim. Everything is different. But yet we all are loving this new stage and we're excited each morning for what the day will hold.
- I'm suffering from a bit of an identity crisis. For over 5 years, I've described myself as a homeschooling mom. And now I'm not. So...what does that make me? Just a mom? I don't mean that negatively, but it is an adjustment for me to lose that little moniker.
Stop by Amy's Finer Things for more Finer Things Friday and Conversion Diary for more 7 Quick Takes Friday.