Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Twitter Fundraiser for Share Our Strength - Join Me!

Remember a few months when I put together the Virtual Great American Bake Sale ebooks? The ebooks were filled with tons of recipes from many wonderful bloggers. And 100% of the proceeds from the sales of the ebooks went directly to Share Our Strength's Great American Bake Sale program.

I am so passionate about raising money for Share Our Strength's efforts. If you've been a reader of this blog for a while, you probably know that our family went through over a year of living with an income well below the poverty line. We struggled, worked hard and came out on top eventually. But our efforts would have been much more difficult were it not for programs like Share Our Strength who diligently work to make sure that no kid goes hungry! So even saying that I'm passionate about raising money for them feels like an understatement.

Tomorrow night (Thursday 7/30) from 9 - 11 EST, I will be moderating a twitter panel as a fund raising effort for Share Our Strength. We will be discussing all things foodie, particularly as it relates to the blogging world and foodie blogging. The panel includes some super star food bloggers:

We have some fantastic giveaways (loads of them!) lined up that we'll be giving away throughout the night, including a 6 month subscription to Stolen Moments Menu Planning. Also, there are some great raffle prizes being offered for a $5 donation. You can find all the information on the night here.

I hope you'll join me! It is sure to be a night of great conversation and money raising for a very worthy cause.

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP