Sunday, March 01, 2009

Menu Plan - Week of 3/2

I have to admit I haven't been sticking to my menu plans too closely lately because we've all been getting a little burnt-out on our standard winter comfort foods. So I've been trying to be more creative with our daily meals while still sticking with our usual staples. Same foods, different presentations. It's been working really well.


With that in mind, I'm scheduling 3 days into this week to allow for that creativity. I'll just choose a meat and maybe a few additions, and then come up with a nice, fitting meal that morning. There's nothing like a little variety to help break up our winter doldrums while we anxiously await spring.

Breakfast

  • M - Apple spiced oatmeal (This is everyone's new favorite. I make the oatmeal with milk on the stove, then add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and 2 diced apples. If the oatmeal is too thick, I thin it with a little apple juice. It's SO good that the kids even request leftovers for their snack.)
  • T - Peach & pecan puffed pancake cups
  • W - Peanut butter toast & smoothies
  • Th - Crepes (from freezer) w/ homemade strawberry sauce
  • F - Cheesy scrambled eggs in tortillas
  • S - Chocolate chip pancakes
  • S - Banana raisin bread (from freezer), smoothies

Lunch

  • M - Cheese & crackers, yogurt parfaits w/ pineapple, oranges & coconut
  • T - Tuna salad sandwiches, carrot & celery sticks
  • W - Hummus & pitas, apple slices
  • Th - Leftovers
  • F - Carrot & dill bisque, honey-wheat breadsticks
  • S - Quesadillas, applesauce
  • Su - T.B.D.

Dinner

  • M - Chickpea curry over rice
  • T - Chicken and... (maybe chicken lasagna?)
  • W -Meatballs (from freezer), potatoes, veggies
  • Th - Chicken, bow tie pasta, veggies (maybe a cold salad, to inspire thoughts of summer)
  • F - Lentil & rice burritos, skillet corn
  • S - Kids - Baked ziti, E & K - date night at home, TBD
  • Su - Peppered pork tenderloin, creamed spinach, couscous pilaf

Don't forget to visit Org Junkie for hundreds more menu plans.

3 comments:

Michele @ Frugal Granola 9:07 PM  

Sounds yummy! :) Enjoy your date night, too! :)

Blessings,
Michele

Happy Hermit (happilyhiddenhermit@gmail.com) 11:38 PM  

Hmm.. I had forgotten all about applesauce , that sounds yummy.

Thank you for sharing

Debra 2:02 AM  

Hi - I just wanted to let you know that I awarded you the Kreativ Blogger award! Come pick it up :-)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP