This week, I am so grateful to be a part of this wonderful blogging world. Ever since I began blogging in earnest over a year ago, I have loved being a part of this community. And now I have had the privilege of seeing a new and equally wonderful side of the blog world.
When I announced the Virtual Great American Bake Sale on Cooking During Stolen Moments, I wasn't too sure of the response I'd get. I had high hopes and a huge passion to raise a ton of money for Share Our Strength. So far, that hope and passion is only growing as I've seen more and more people embrace this project.
- I am grateful for my very good bloggy friend Amy, who has tirelessly helped me promote the VGABS. Her offers of help have meant the world to me. And her ability to listen and read my endless rambling emails as I brainstorm (and stress, maybe just a little bit), has been amazing.
- I am grateful for another very good friend, Joy, for creating the magnificent VGABS button for me, and for doing it with very little notice too. (By the way, if you are a fan of Joy's design work, like that header right up there, check out her new graphic design page.)
- I am grateful to Carissa from Good and Crazy People and Mom It Forward. When I approached her to submit a recipe, she jumped right into my vision and passion and has helped with spreading the word since then.
- I am grateful for everyone on twitter who has retweeted my countless "plea for recipes" tweets. The power of twitter amazes me and it has been a great way to get the word out.
- I am grateful to @krishanna from twitter. She heard about the VGABS and reached out to me with the idea of putting a VGABS page on Facebook. I have spent such little time on Facebook and I just wasn't sure I had the time. But you know what, she offered to do it for me. How cool is that?
- I am grateful to everyone who has written a post about VGABS on their blog and/or put the VGABS button in their sidebars. All these people taking the time to help spread the word has been so wonderful and beneficial.
- I am grateful to everyone who has submitted a recipe or who has emailed me to let me they will be submitting a recipe before the deadline. Everything sounds so good and I'm excited to share all of these wonderful recipes.
- I am grateful that so many have a passion to help Share Our Strength similar to mine. I am excited to see how much money we are able to raise for them.
And if you fall under one of those categories mentioned above - thank you, thank you, thank you!! I am so grateful for you today!
Stop by Heavenly Homemakers for more Gratituesday and The Lazy Organizer for more Talk About Tuesday. And then be sure to visit Hooked On Houses for more Hooked On...Fridays.