Wednesday, January 21, 2009

13 Blissdom-Related Things On My Mind

Two weeks from right now I will be finishing up packing and getting the house organized so that everything runs smoothly while I am gone. Then, I'll be boarding a plane and heading to Nashville to attend Blissdom. Needless to say, Blissdom has been on my mind a lot lately. Here are just a few of the things I've been thinking about.

  1. Clothes! I have no idea what I'm going to wear and I really need to go through my closet and see what I can find. I'm hoping I can find at least a few options.
  2. How on earth am I going to get over my shyness? I can be painfully shy, as I know I've mentioned before, especially in large groups. At least I already feel like I know some of the women I'll be meeting.
  3. Meeting Joy and Toni. I am NOT worried about being shy around Joy and Toni. I got over that a long time ago. Now I'm just thrilled to get the chance to spend some time together face to face.
  4. I don't like flying. I had planned on driving to Nashville. It's only an 8 1/2 hour drive so I didn't think that was too bad. But then Eric pointed out how much easier it would be for everyone, and how much more comfortable he'd feel, if I flew. When we found an airfare deal that was close enough to the cost of driving, we decided to jump on it. But now that means I have to fly. On a plane. By myself. I'm not looking forward to it.
  5. The list of speakers is amazing! There are so many women I'm looking forward to hearing speak. But I'm also feeling like there are SO many speakers and so little time. We get to pick and choose which sessions we want to sit in on, but some of them will be so difficult to choose between the two.
  6. I wish Joy and I had started the 2 Moms, 20 Pounds series about 3 months ago instead of 3 weeks ago.
  7. The quality and content of some of the sessions sounds so inspiring. I know I'm going to want to take notes. Will I look like a dork if I pull out an actual notebook and a pen instead of my laptop? I use a lot of shorthand and symbols when I take notes that I just can't do on a laptop.
  8. Live tweeting. This past weekend, I received a late birthday present from Eric. My cell phone was scheduled for an upgrade and Eric surprised me with a big upgrade - an iPhone. Now I have to practice using it so that Joy, Toni and I can tweet throughout the weekend.
  9. Clothes! Did I mention I don't have the slightest idea what I'm going to wear.
  10. My kids. I have not been without at least one of my children for more than a few hours in at least 5 years. What am I going to do without them??
  11. My husband. His support is awesome! He encourages my blogging and is completely supportive of this trip to Nashville. I think he's even a little excited for me. If I had any doubt about his real feelings, I don't think I could comfortably go. Instead, I have a feeling he'll be pushing me out of the car at the airport.
  12. I really need to get a plan in place to make sure I have laundry caught up, food in the freezer, and homeschooling plans all laid out. I know Eric will do a great job while I'm gone, and I know my in-laws will be able to handle everything while Eric is at work, but I am going to do everything in my power to make sure the weekend runs as smoothly as possible.
  13. I wish that everybody I know through blogging was going to be at Blissdom! If you will be there, please let me know. If you won't be there, I'm sorry! I wish you were going!
Stop by Happy To Be At Home to link up with 3 Moms Thursday {Thirteen} and share your list of 13!

6 comments:

Sonshine 9:29 AM  

sounds like it will be fun! I will not be able to attend this year.

Enjoy your time! :)

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 12:03 PM  

I bet y'all are going to have a blast!! :D

Anonymous,  1:20 PM  

See you there, Kate!!!!

Christina 3:51 PM  

Take your notebook. ; ) Hope you have a lovely time!

Jennifer 8:19 PM  

I am now very jelouse! I sooo wish I was able to attend. Do they do this every year? I desperetly want to go, but of course with the move I can't this year.

I too am very shy. I am starting to get over it as I go do things with the kids, but still not completely.

Anonymous,  8:43 PM  

Flying will be tough, but it is a short amount of time. Catch up on a book or magazine to take your mind off the flight.

Kids will be great. I have gone on a couple of 2-3 day girl trips (when the kids were weened), and it is so rejuvenating to be responsible to God and myself. It is also good for Dad to be truly in charge. My husband loves Dad days, I am not there to tell him the "right" way to do things.

Have a great trip to Nashville!
Christina Taylor
houston tx

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP