Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Delgo - An Unique & Exciting New Movie

Exclusive image from Fathom Studios' Delgo, opening in theaters
December 12, 2008


It is a difficult thing to find a movie that all of my children will sit down and watch together. Either the content is too young for Isabelle at 9, or Alex and Olivia (4 and 3) quickly get bored. However, from what I've read and seen of the new movie Delgo, I think I may have found a great option for the whole family to enjoy together.

Both the storyline and the animation are unique and extraordinary. I know my youngest (perhaps even Gracie) will really be drawn to the characters and animation. I know Isabelle will appreciate and learn a lot from the interesting perspective. I can tell that Eric and I will really enjoy it also.

Here is a description of the movie from a recent press release:

Fast-paced action and adventure, a mystical land, an unlikely hero, a princess and a message of acceptance between different cultures make Delgo the perfect family-friendly movie this holiday season.

...The story takes place in the magical land of Jhamora which is divided between two cultures – the Nohrin, winged masters of the skies, and the Lockni, the terrestrial tribe who harness the mystical powers of the land. When Delgo (Freddie Prinze, Jr.), a reckless Lockni teenager, forms a forbidden friendship with the spunky Nohrin Princess Kyla (Jennifer Love Hewitt), hostilities between the two peoples escalate, setting the stage for an exiled empress (Anne Bancroft) to exact her revenge and reclaim her rule.

Falsely imprisoned, Delgo and his best friend, Filo (Chris Kattan), must put aside their differences to join forces with a sworn enemy, Bogardus (Val Kilmer), and travel to the mysterious land of Perran to rescue Princess Kyla. Here they encounter fanciful creatures and discover more than just a kidnapped princess, they learn the value of different cultures and the importance of working together.
I think the voice cast is exciting and intriguing. It will be interesting to see how the combination of different actors are used.

You can head over to the Delgo website to watch 2 trailers from the movie. If you do watch them, I would love to hear what you think!

I am thinking that this may have to be an outing for us during Eric's few days off at Christmastime. I think this movie would be a perfect option for taking the whole family to the movie theater for the first time.

One caveat: According to the website, the movie is rated PG. We will have to do a little research into the rating before we take the whole family.

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP