Sunday, November 23, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Week Of 11/23

We are heading out of town for Thanksgiving. We're going to my parent's house on Thursday morning. The drive takes anywhere between 5 and 7 hours, depending on how many potty stops we have to make. So, we'll be leaving as early as we can in order to get there an hour or two before dinner.

The plan on Friday is that my grandma, my mom, my sister and I will all be making pierogies together. I'm really looking forward to this. (I wrote about starting this tradition and shared the recipes here at Happy To Be At Home last week.)

Beyond that, we don't have any other set in stone plans for the weekend. I think the kids would just be content to play with their cousins and not do anything else. But I also know they'll have fun doing other things. They've all been counting down the days until they get to see nana and papa.

Breakfast

  • M - PB & ? French toast fingers (recipe below)
  • T - Oatmeal w/ apples and raisins
  • W - Banana muffins and smoothies
  • Th - Breakfast cookies (in the car)

Lunch

  • M - Quesadillas, oranges
  • T - Tuna pasta salad, peaches
  • W - Leftovers (clean out the fridge!)
  • Th - Snacks in the car. Roasted chickpeas, chocolate chip muffins, banana chips, and crackers

Dinner

  • M - Chili Mac, cornbread
  • T - Ranch breaded chicken (recipe below), crashed hot potatoes, peas
  • W - Cheeseburger pie, steamed broccoli and cauliflower (possibly with a cheese sauce - I have some cheese that I want to use up before we go.)
  • Th - Thanksgiving dinner with my family! I am going to bring an apple-sour cream pie. Hopefully we'll be there early enough that I can help my mom prepare a few things too.

PB & ? French Toast Fingers

For each sandwich:

  • 1 egg
  • 2 T. milk
  • 1 t. cinnamon
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 2 slices bread
  • Peanut butter
  • Choice of honey, strawberry preserves or banana slices
  • 1 T. butter
  • 1 T. powdered sugar (optional)

1. Whisk together egg, milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a shallow bowl. Set aside.

2. Make a sandwich with the bread, peanut butter and one of the three choices. Dip sandwich in the egg mixture and let sit 15-20 seconds. Flip sandwich over and repeat.

3. While sandwich is soaking, melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sandwich and cook for 3-5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Cut sandwich into 4 fingers. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.

Ranch Breaded Chicken

  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 c. Ranch salad dressing
  • 1 c. crushed croutons or breadcrumbs seasoned with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning
  • 3 T. Extra virgin olive oil

1. Place each chicken breast in a plastic bag and pound until paper thin, using a meat mallet, rolling pin or can. Cut each piece of chicken into 3 or 4 pieces, depending on how big it is once flattened.

2. Soak chicken in Ranch dressing then dredge both sides in crushed croutons or breadcrumbs.

3. Cook chicken in hot olive oil for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes, or until cooked.

Head over to Laura's blog for more menu plans.

6 comments:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home 4:42 AM  

Sounds like it's going to be a good week!

Sonshine 7:56 AM  

sounds like a yummy week!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving week along with your family!:)

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 8:08 AM  

Great looking menu! Those ranch chicken fingers look delish!!

Have a great week and happy Thanksgiving! :D

Have a great day!
Sherry
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalm 34:8

Anonymous,  10:56 AM  

Sounds yummy. Have a safe trip!

Julie 1:52 PM  

I like your meal plans each week. Thanks for sharing.

http://beefupyourpiggy.blogspot.com

Anonymous,  2:52 PM  

Mmmm. We just ate the Ranch Breaded Chicken for lunch. Delicious! And I've noted the PB & ? French Toast Fingers for an upcoming treat. Thanks for sharing those recipes!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP