Monday, November 24, 2008

Candy Cane Snowballs

This is one of the cookie recipes that makes it onto my Christmas baking list year after year. They are so tasty, pretty and easy!

Candy Cane Snowballs

  • 1 1/4 c. butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
  • 1 t. vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 3 c. flour
  • 1 t. baking powder
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1/2 c. crushed candy canes
  • 1/4 - 1/3 c. granulated sugar
1. Cream together butter or margarine and powdered sugar. Add vanilla and egg, mix well.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add to butter mixture and stir until combined. Fold in crushed candy cane pieces.3. For each cookie, roll about 1 t. dough into a ball then roll in granulated sugar to cover. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

I know that there are other things I could do with these cookies, like a glaze or other decoration of some kind, but they taste wonderful just as they are. They look great too. Why spend extra money for extra ingredients that really aren't necessary for the overall enjoyment of the cookie?

Head over to Blessed With Grace for more Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

13 comments:

Christina 10:20 PM  

I have a recipe that is similar, and it is SO good! Definitely worth repeating.

KellytheKitchenKop.com 11:51 PM  

How do you think they would taste with mini chocolate chips? Sort of a mint/chocolate chip flavor? I need something easy, different, and yummy for a cookie exchange!

Thanks,
Kelly

KellytheKitchenKop.com 11:54 PM  

One more thing: how many does it make? (Sorry if it was there and I missed it!)

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace 12:01 AM  

Yum. I know that these will be great. Thanks.

Kate 12:06 AM  

Kelly, I bet they would be wonderful mini chocolate chips! The recipe makes around 4 dozen, depending on the size of the cookies.

If you try them, I'd love to hear how they turn out with chocolate chips.

Lynn 8:47 AM  

These look really good. Thanks for sharing. I will have to try these.

Abby 9:57 AM  

Oooo! That sounds good. I may do that for a cookie exchange at my son's daycare. Thanks!

Live.Love.Eat 11:13 AM  

These are so cute!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy TMTT!!!

KellytheKitchenKop.com 1:33 PM  

I made them just now - some with and some without the mini chocolate chips. They are DIVINE both ways, but I especially love them with the chocolate. And you're right, they're SO easy. Perfect for the cookie exchange! Two batches will make plenty, and some left for the fam.

Thank you!!
Kelly

Jamey 3:11 PM  

MMMM! yum, thanks for sharing. Happy TMTT!

Nanna 11:00 PM  

You can't go wrong with a good cookie recipe, this sounds like a good one!
Helen

A happy heart at home 1:37 PM  

Yum! Thanks for the recipe. Have a great Thanksgiving!

~Susan

Niki Jolene 5:10 PM  

I finally tried them today and they were super easy to make and yummy too.

I love love love peppermint and I think next batch I will add in peppermint extract to give it a kick.

Thanks for sharing--I have gotten so many recipes from your blog.

:)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP