Monday, September 15, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook 9/15

FOR TODAY September 15, 2008...
Outside My Window...
Rain, rain, and more rain.
I am thinking...
There is nothing better than a cozy home on a rainy day. I'm also thinking that we have a full and exciting day ahead of us.
From the learning rooms...
We are officially starting our full school schedule this week. I'm looking forward to seeing how Alex and Olivia react to the preschool work I have planned for them. They have been begging to do school and are so excited to begin doing "pre-sook" work.
I am thankful for...
My full and happy life. My husband and children are amazing blessings and I'm glad I don't ever feel the need to stir up drama. My home and family are my life. That is where I find my importance.
From the kitchen...
I am making granola bars today for snacks this week. Otherwise, I'll pretty much be taking advantage of all my work for the freezer so that we can really focus on school and adjusting to our new schedule.
I am wearing...
Gingham capris (probably for the last time this year), matching t-shirt, and a cardigan (it's still chilly)
I am creating...
Not much this week, except maybe the love of learning in my younger children.
I am going...
We'll be sticking pretty close to home this week as we adjust. We went to the library on Sunday and we also picked up a few necessary groceries. We have all kinds of plans for the upcoming weekend though - the Renaissance Festival & apple picking.
I am reading...
Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs, and I'm re-reading At Home In Mitford by Jan Karon for The 3 Moms Book Nook, a virtual book club, over at Happy To Be At Home.
I am hoping...
We all enjoy our day, and celebrate our accomplishments tonight with a fun dessert.
I am hearing...
Coffee brewing and K-Love on the radio.
Around the house...
It's Monday, so in addition to our school plans, I have to get caught up on chores that I let slide over the weekend.
One of my favorite things...
Soup! Making it and eating it!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
I'm going to start going through and boxing up summer clothes, and washing the fall/winter clothes that are in the attic.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...You can find more Simple Woman's Daybook entries over at The Simple Woman.

13 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 8:33 AM  

Ok first I have to tell you at first glance I thought I read...One of my favorite things SOAP, making it and eating it lol. Then I reread and saw that you said Soup! Oy! I love the sound and smell of coffee brewing. It's such a happy smell lol.
Blessings to you!
Kim

Pamela 8:49 AM  

What an adorable picture! I'm so impressed by your work for the freezer - isn't it nice to know that the cooking is all done and you just have to defrost and heat dinner for your family?

Have a great week.

Anonymous,  8:59 AM  

Hi,

I enjoyed reading your daybook. And love that blue-eyed little cowboy...ADORABLE!!

~~Anne
www.backyardtreasures.wordpress.com

Anita 9:51 AM  

Wonderful daybook! I so enjoy reading about other women's lives... :)
What a cute picture!
Have a great week!

Prairie Dreams

Mummy 1:41 PM  

I, too, love making & eating soup! Yum! Great daybook entry!

Sandra 2:52 PM  

Love the Renaissance Festival :)

Great daybook.

My Daybook

Michele @ Frugal Granola 6:24 PM  

A rainy day sounds so nice. The Renaissance Fair and apple picking sound wonderful! Calvin & I were just talking about how much we're looking forward to apple season. I need to get some more canning jars!

I put the Mitford book on hold at the library, so that I can read it along with you. I've heard great things about the "Love & Respect" book, and have wanted to read it for awhile, but haven't found it anywhere (well, for free, anyway) yet. :)

Blessings,
Michele

volpecircus 8:28 PM  

Good luck with the grand clothes switch for the seasons. I thought I would start switching a few weeks ago because it got really cold...but then I was stopped in my tracks by the 90 degree weather this week. Aaaargh!

Candace 10:59 PM  

I hope you have a wonderful school year, Kate!

A happy heart at home 11:42 PM  

Hi. I enjoyed your daybook. I hope you have a wonderful week!

~Susan

Heart 4 My Home 12:51 AM  

What a cute photo!

~Blessings

Kathy C. 1:17 AM  

I love that picture - absolutely precious! And I love soup too! It's one of my favorite things to make and eat with fresh baked bread, mmmmm. But it is so hot here most of the year that it tends to be a seasonal food for us. :)

Anonymous,  7:15 AM  

Since I am new to blogging I am amazed at the many excellent blogs that already exist. Love the title and the posts I read. Will be back!
judy @ the simple front porch

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP