Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook 8/18

FOR TODAY August 18th, 2008...
Outside My Window...
It is a sunny, peaceful morning. The grass is suffering from lack of rain.
I am thinking...
It's going to get really hot this afternoon, so I want to make sure we get outside to play before then.
I am thankful for...
The steps Gracie is beginning to take. Pretty soon she'll be running all over the house with her sisters and brother.
From the kitchen...
I have about 3 pounds of green beans that need to be cooked and frozen today. We are going to bake some cookies later on today but I'm still trying to decided what kind. I might pull out my pizelle maker and make some of those.
I am wearing...
My favorite dress. It is made by a wonderful company, Sacred Threads, and is probably the most comfortable thing I've ever worn.
I am creating...
A list of thank-you cards for Isabelle to make and send out. She has been having a lot of fun creating scrapbook pages with one of her birthday gifts (see below) and so now she is going to make her cards also.
I am going...
Depending on how the day goes, I'd like to take the kids to our local gourmet grocery store to get some more fresh produce and to see the peacocks that they have there.
I am reading...
A New Song by Jan Karon and The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs
I am hoping...
To have a productive and fun week. I hope to take the children out a few times this week to do some more fun things on our summer to-do list.
I am hearing...
The kids are playing school and Gracie is playing with her new baby doll on the floor at my feet.
Around the house...
We have the usual Monday laundry catch-up to tackle today. I also need to clean out the refrigerator.
One of my favorite things...
Watching the Olympics!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
We'll need to go to the grocery store, the library, and hopefully we'll make it to the park at some point.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Some of the scrapbook pages Isabelle made last week.

Visit Peggy's blog for more Simple Woman Daybooks.

6 comments:

Anonymous,  8:36 AM  

What an adorable jumper! Looks incredibly vintage and comfortable...have a great week!

Michele @ Frugal Granola 12:37 PM  

What a cute dress! :)

How do you like the "Year of Living Biblically?" I saw it at the library, but didn't check it out. What do you think?

Isabelle's scrapbooking is so sweet!
Blessings,
Michele

Sandra 12:45 PM  

Great dress, it really does look comfortable :)

SimplyMe 2:05 PM  

That dress looks so comfy.

Isabelle did a great job on her scrapbook pages.

I need to head to the grocery store as well. I still have quite a pile of washing to do...but all things happen in due time!

Love Bears All Things 7:38 PM  

I enjoyed reading your daybook. Thanks for the heads up on the dress. I am going to the website.
I think it is wonderful that your daughter is finding a creative outlet.
I loved all the Mitford books.
Mama Bear

GranthamLynn 10:03 PM  

What a fun daybook entry. I hope you have a great week. I really enjoyed the photo she did an excellant job.
Thanks for sharing you day.
Blessings,
Sherry

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP