Monday, August 11, 2008

Random Things About Me

Michele at Frugal Granola tagged me to share 6 random things about myself. When I am done, I get to tag 6 more people to play along. So, here goes, six random things about me:

  1. Once I get about halfway through a book, I turn to very last page and read only the very last sentence. This has never ruined an ending for me. I've tried to not do it, but I just can't help it. I do manage to resist the urge to read more than just that one sentence though.
  2. I have the really annoying habit of ending a lot of my sentences with, "ya' know?" or "know what I mean?" It annoys me and I'm sure it annoys just about everyone I talk to. Eric probably doesn't even hear it anymore.
  3. The three biggest infatuations I have kept with me since high school are: all things Van Gogh, an undying love and appreciation for the music of Joni Mitchell, my coffee and espresso habit.
  4. I remember every little detail of my childhood. When I am with my family reminiscing about something, I am always the one who embellishes the story by sharing what everyone was wearing and what we ate and what the weather was like.
  5. I strongly prefer fine-point or extra fine-point blue pens to any other writing instrument.
  6. I am deathly afraid of popping noises. I can't even stand to be around balloons. I also can't open the canned, refrigerated rolls. It is pure torture for me to watch someone blowing up a plastic bag to pop it. Unfortunately, Eric knows this and loves to torture me. He has yet to actually pop one, but the fear is still there. I mean, it could happen accidentally, ya' know?
So here are the six people that I am tagging:

  1. Sonshine at Glimpse of Sonshine
  2. Nancy at 3 Blondes and the Law
  3. Jennifer at Getting Ahead
  4. Elle at A Complete Thought
  5. Amy at Amy's Finer Things
  6. Angela at The Testosterone Palace

2 comments:

Michele @ Frugal Granola 11:17 AM  

I love all things Van Gogh, too! :) I decorated Gen's nursery in Van Gogh posters and stars.

I'm totally with you on the pens, too. Those are the best. :)

This was fun to read. Thanks! :)
Blessings,
Michele

Anonymous,  11:41 PM  

Me too! I hate popping sounds. I can't even open the bread in the pop containers! Thank goodness I have your cinnamon roll recipe or we would never eat them! I won't open the tube!
Toni

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP